Mannequin

**THIS IS NOT MEANT TO COPY OR CHANGE UP THE HUNGER GAMES!!**

-CATIE'S POV-

People flooded towards the open shops that presented tees, miniskirts, and all other types of clothes. As we passed by Samies, a cardigan-sandals-khakis store, Taylor-Rose tapped my shoulder repetitively. 

"What?" I rolled my eyes, annoyed. Teagan, Ellie, Marea and Lacey giggled under their breaths.

"We're skipping it," Taylor-Rose said wearily. "Again?" She chewed on a strand of her long, thick black hair. Teagan ripped it from her hands.

"Uhh...duh?" She flipped her platinum blonde hair out of her face. "And stop chewing your hair. It's so unattractive." 

"Ew." Ellie wrinkled her nose and stared at the short Asian with disgust. I wasn't surprised though, Taylor-Rose was more of a wannabe then an actual popular girl. Teagan brushed her off a lot, but Ellie despised her. 

"See?" Ellie whispered fiercely to me as Teagan led us to Glamour, a high-end, expensive shop only found in select malls. "I told you we should of left her!" I let out a sigh and fingered a turquoise tank with gold lettering on it. "Ellie," I said calmly and uninterested. "She's nothing to us. I mean, she could have found out we didn't invite her and what would we have, huh?" Taylor-Rose is such a crybaby, freaking out over simple things, like us getting our hair done for a party she wasn't able to go to.

We eventually bought six matching jeans, for what would turn out to be a contest of Who Wore It Better? on Facebook. 

"OH MY GOD!!!" Ellie let out a shriek and ran up to Hollister. "THEY HAVE IT, OH MY GOD, THEY HAVE IT!!" She grabbed Lacey and Marea's arms and tugged them into the store. Faint shouts could be heard from inside until all three emerged, rosy-cheeked and holding a bag. 

"Look," Ellie bubbled with happiness. "Just freaking look at this shirt!" She held up a loose, navy blue shirt with gray streaks. I saw the tag, priced at $25, and laughed. Ellie was such a rich kid. Lacey and Marea were too, but instead of having that shirt, they held matching velvet tanks. 

"It was the last one, too," Ellie chirped as we made our way up the escalator. "And I grabbed it, like-" Suddenly, she stopped. Ahead of us was Julie, my college-aged neighbor, and the only person who knew about my dream: being a detective. She was a former winner of the biggest event in town: The Mystery Games. And my clique hated it.

"The nerve they have, promoting this junk everywhere," Teagan nudged me. My eyes enlarged as Julie came wrapped me in a huge hug.

"Catarina!" She beamed. "So glad to see you!" I looked her up and down, noticing she was wearing her usual wear. Beige skinny jeans, a velvet blazer, and a matching beanie hat. Her short, blonde locks bounced around as she hugged each one of my friends. 

"Well," Julie said, placing her hands on her hips. "You all are wondering when sigh-up is, huh?" A smile formed on her face. "This year will be-"

"Uhm," Teagan held up her hand. "I think you've got us wrong." She stepped closer to Julie, a smile plastered on her face. "This year won't happen." My stomach plummeted as she spoke. Her father had just won Mayor and could stop the Games within a blink of an eye. 

Julie’s smile turned upside down immediately. Fingers curled, breath in short, puffy rasps, she stepped right into what we called ‘Teagan’s Bubble.’

“If you think we’re going to shut this down because of a little brat like you,” Julie’s fierce blue eyes glared at Teagan. “You’re thinking wrong.” And with that, she huffed and stomped back to her stand. 

“Bitch,” Teagan mumbled as we stepped into Desire, a trendy shoe store. Picking up studded, silver heels, Lacey smiled. 

“We could totally have an anti-mystery-games party!” She chirped. Lacey was the queen of parties, coming from her mother’s side. 

“Uhh,” I quickly said. “Why?”  I do my best to disguise my fear.  

Which means dropping a pair of gray Converse.

“Because,” Marea said, fumbling with her shoelaces. “It’ll show people that it’s freaking stupid, duh!” She slips on chunky heels as everyone laughs. I flush with embarrassment and turn away to a pair of flowery flats.

Will this day ever end so I can get home and sign up?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUTHORS NOTE:

Thanks for reading:) it will get interesting, I promise! Vote and comment!

I need 10 reads and 2 comments for next upload:) I’m very generous, I know! Hahaha byee!