Not like old times

Not like old times,
11:30 pm , NV, bad weather.

" He was in a bar on a regular Tuesday night along with his some friends . Maybe playing poker .Regular visits to bars on Tuesday nights was something common in his life.

Just like every Tuesday, he called me to pick him up from his party.
He was drunk, in a bad condition . Something I always expected and always happened.

I had to drive him home . I put him in the back seat and started the car.
I don't  know why there was strange loneliness in the path . It was desolate as well as lonely like always but a wind of creepiness and bad luck started to blow.

Things did not appear to be normal.
Just like something soft hearted people cant bear.

 I don't know why is it like whenever you think things are going good and fine, something bad happens

I don't know why is it like whenever you think things are going good and fine, something bad happens.(Always happens)

Something just like wind went across in front of our car from left to right and just vanished in the blink of an eye.
I applied breaks but started the car again. The bulbs of the rear headlight got fused. Suddenly our car was stopped and couldn't move an inch though the engine was completely working.

I took out my torch and found out that a fallen tree was stopping us.
Till this time, my drunken master, woke up a little and said

" I'll get that tree away from the road "
I said:
"Its not safe out there better be in the car".
He asked me not to argue and went out  . He couldn't control himself.
I was sitting in the car itself waiting for him to come back.

Everything was normal until I heard his shout and quickly opened the gate and rushed to him.

He was dead...
"His eyes were completely opened and it seemed like he had seen something he shouldn't have."

-This was the interrogation of the driver of well known personality : Richard Thomson by the police when they arrived at the site and found Richard to be dead. No absolute cause of death when sent body for postmortem. The next day it appears in the newspaper headlines:

"Well known personality Richard Thomson found dead in woods.
Cause of death: Heat failure."

I like reading newspaper and making reports of  such incidents.Im Leonard ,a journalist. It wasn't something ordinary which happens in everyday life. It was strange. I don't believe in ghosts but was he really killed by some spirit ? all the signs lead to this conclusion. I was completing my report when my wife called me for dinner.

I stopped thinking about that incident and after dinner , went to bed for sleep
But before sleeping i lend my ears to radio for 15 minutes.Its a normal habit.

I heard my favourite song and then Rj  Kevin said something on his show which totally  shook me up and reminded me of that incident again.
He said: " Its hard to know that Richard-dearest of all my friends- died today . He didn't die a good death i can say for sure ( even though he wasn't there)and I couldn't meet him before he died but ill surely attend his cremation ceremony which will be held by me."

The next day it was written in the headlines:

" Richard Thomson's body found buried and burnt in a small village before his actual cremation ceremony. People living around there didn't spot anyone there and don't know how it happened."

You know what was even stranger? Today Rj kevin was speaking like
he was whispering. Which was quite different and creepy.......

Who killed Richard? Was it the Rj himself or the truth was something else?