huit

Michael came sleepily downstairs, holding his head due to its painful throbbing.

"Ugh," he muttered. "No more fucking vodka." Then he froze in his tracks, because he heard another voice besides Jim's. He peeked around the corner. Eri was on the kitchen counter, and Jim was standing in front of her, and they were both leaning in toward each other and then they were fucking kissing, and he wanted to kill them both.

He walked out and brushed past them both while gathering the essentials- shoes, phone, money, spare clothes.

"Fuck- Mikey, where are you going?" Jim had abandoned Erianna to try to stop Michael, but he couldn't. There was no stopping Michael.

"Just fuck off, okay? I'll be around later to get the rest of my stuff. Sorry I ever bothered you."

"Michael, will you please calm down?"

"Just fuck off!" Jim tried to get closer, but Michael shoved him, hard, and then left.

Once he got outside, he realized that he didn't know what to do or where to go. He'd have to find somebody to stay with.

With shaking hands, he pulled out his phone.

"Hey. It's me. I've been missing you. I think we should get back together."

-

Michael was snuggled into the bigger man's side, trapped in his warmth and encased with one muscular arm around his shoulders, and one blanket draped over them both.

"I'm not stupid, Michael. I know you don't miss me."

Michael looked up at Sebastian through his eyelashes. He did miss Sebastian on most nights- missed him a lot, because Sebastian was the best thing he'd once had.

"I always miss you."

"So why did you never call me before?"

"Because I got caught up with Chris, and every time I would dial your number, he'd beat the shit out of me. But I never wanted to leave you, Seb. You were the best thing I had."

"You were the best thing I had, too." Sebastian's thumb rubbed little circles on Michael's hip bone. It felt so good to be back with him- they were picking up right where they'd left off.

"Do you think maybe... Maybe you could become the best thing I have? Present tense?"

"Mike..."

"What?"

"I think you're rushing a little bit."

"No, I just... I forgot how good it felt to be with you, and now that I'm seeing you again, I don't want to lose you. Not again." Sebastian pulled him up so the younger was straddling him and looking him in the eye.

"I told you I'm not stupid, Mike. I know there's another guy involved. And I know you'll drop me in a heartbeat if it means you can have him. I want you, but only when you really want me."

"Maybe we can just get drunk and kiss and cuddle without any labels. I just... I really do miss you." Seb sighed and leaned up to steal a kiss.

"Have. Present tense." Michael's face split out into a grin and he and Sebastian were soon kissing and fumbling their way up the stairs and falling onto Seb's bed. Then the kissing stopped, and they were curled tightly together, and they were warm, but as Michael drifted off, all he could think was that laying with Jim held such a different warmth.

-

Michael was woken the next morning by a loud pounding on the door. He nudged Sebastian, seeing as it was his house, but the lazy arse told him to get it himself.