August

I sat in the room then looked around at my surroundings as I took in a deep breath then got my mind prepared for this meeting with my record label about my new album, and give them an idea on some things I had planned on doing.

I ran my hands over my face as I felt my manager tap me lightly on the shoulder causing me to look at her then lightly smile,

"What's good love?" I asked her still with a light smile on my face.

"Is everything okay?" She asked me with concern in her voice.

"Yeah, I'm fine actually just trying to get myself together that's all" I say to her causing her to nod her head.

"Okay, just as long as everything is okay and nothing is wrong then we're good" she says to me returning that bright smile back on her face.

"Oh, yeah I'm good nothing to worry about on this end" I say to her as she nodded her head.

"So, how was your day today?" She asked me causing me to shrug my shoulders.

"It was okay I guess I got to spend time to myself and visit a few family members, so I can't complain about that" I say to her causing her to smile lightly.

"That's good it's about time you took the time out to spend time with your family. How is your mom doing is she getting any better?" She asked me causing me to take in a deep breath.

"She's getting better it's a slow progress, but I'm just truly thankful that she is slowly coming back around and is trying to get back to her old self" I say returning my smile on my face.

"Well, I'll keep your family in my prayers and you make sure you get plenty of sleep too because we all know you're a deep thinker and will consume yourself in your thoughts" she says to me causing me to laugh a little.

"Oh, trust me I've been getting my rest. Shoot sometimes I feel as though I get too much rest" I say with a smirk.

"Well, it's okay to get some rest but you should also go out sometimes and treat yourself live a little but not too much" she says with a smile.

"True, I guess your right it wouldn't hurt to go out sometimes, but sometimes when I go out I hate dealing with the groupies and the haters" I simply state with a shrug.

"Well, August you know with great success comes thirst and it also brings the onlookers whom are mad that they don't have shit so the best thing to do is to simply ignore and do you" she says to me causing me to nod my head as we continued to talk until everyone started to come in.

I looked at everyone as they came in then stood to my feet then shook a few people's hands then hugged a few then took my seat as I got prepared to get this meeting over and done with so I could head home and figure out what the hell I was going to do later.

**

After the meeting was over and done with I stopped by Five Guys to grab me a bite to eat then took my red ass home took me a shower then put on a pair of my sweats then ate.

After I ate I played on the game for a little while until I grew bored of that and decided to find something else to do.

While in the midst of trying to figure out what I was going to do next I heard a knock at the door causing me to raise my eyebrow as I wasn't expecting any company.

I took in a deep breath then made my way downstairs after I put on my wife beater then walked over towards the door as I asked who it was.

Seconds later I heard my brothers on the other end causing me to smirk as I opened the door to see all three of my brothers I dapped them up then greeted them as I stepped back for them to come in.

Once inside I asked them what they wanted to drink and they told me then I got them for them then handed them their drinks then sat down,

"So, what brought you nikkas over here?" I asked them causing them all to look at me.

"We came to check on you lil bro" my brother Mel said causing me to nod my head.

"That's what's good how is mom's doing?" I say causing them all to take in a deep breath.

"Mama, is good she's still fighting a good fight she's trying to remain strong and positive" my brother Travis says causing me to nod my head.

"That's good as long as she's fighting that's good to me" I say with a light smile causing them to smile as well.

"Yeah, I'll just be happy to not see her like this no more cause I hate seeing her sick" my other brother Jamal said as we all nodded our heads then continued to talk briefly about something else.

"So, lil brother how is the music going when are we going to hear this new music you got?" My brother Mel asked me causing me to smile briefly.

"It's going good actually I just had a meeting earlier today to go over a few things and let them hear a few songs from the new album" I say to them causing them all to nod their heads.

"That's music to my ears I'm happy that you decided to take your music more seriously you have a gift and you can tell the whole world of your pain and your struggles" my brother Jamal said causing me to nod my head.

"Yeah, that's the purpose of my music to tell the whole world my truth and to give the people something better to listen to and just simply be a voice for the people" I say causing them all to share a smile.

"I'm very proud of your little brother you doubted your dreams for so long now look at you living it up, and making a positive influence on the youth" my brother Travis says to me causing me to smile.

"Thanks Trav I appreciate the support" I say to him causing him to smile.

"Aye, it's nothing it's all love on this end baby boy just hurry up and drop that album cause I'm buying a grip of them things" he says to me causing me to smile as we all shared a laugh.

"I got ya'll it'll be coming out real soon" I say to them as we continued to sit laugh and talk as I had nothing but positive thoughts running through my mind.