Chapter 1

Chapter 1

"Will you just shut up!" Chris said kicking my side, I tried to hold in my screams but I'm sure one let out because he kicked me again. The kick in my side burning terribly. He walked out, laughing. I tried to sit up but my side was aching, so I continued to lay on the cold hard floor.

Alpha Chris is my father, yet he's not. My mom was with another man before she met him, and was already pregnant with me. He was furious with my mother, Rachel, but accepted the fact and loved her anyway. When she died giving birth to me he went over board, ever since I first shifted he's beaten me down here in the basement. Before I shifted he had neglected my existence. I'm not sure why he started beating me after I shifted, and not before, but I'm not complaining. Even though I'd rather him not beat me at all.

He has kept it secret to every one but his close Beta, and a few others. His Beta, Nick, doesn't agree with it, but won't argue. He gives me food and helps me when he can, but today he obviously can't because I'm still on the ground groaning with pain.

I leaned up on my elbow, and pulled myself to the cot in the corner, I bit my lip as I pulled myself on to the bed. I let out a sigh when I collapsed the soft mattress. I closed my eyes and imagined what it would be like to be in a normal pack, a normal family. Then again when I try, I come up with nothing, I don't know what it feels like to be loved or cared for. The only care I've ever gotten is from Nick helping me up somedays.

I leaned up an lifted my shirt, I started to cry when I saw the purple bruise coming up from my skin, right under the large scar Chris gave me once with a knife. I clenched my jaw, this is enough. I shouldn't have to live like this. I should be in a pack that loves me, and doesn't hurt me. I wish I was with my real father.

I heard the door open, all the pain disappeared, and fright took place, I backed up until my back hit the cold wall behind me. I held my breath, he's come back after beating me only once, and it was the time he had the knife. I silently started to cry again as I heard him start down the stairs. I let out a sigh of relief when Nick walked in, I even smiled.

"I'm sorry," He whispered, "Alpha held me up so I couldn't come as quick." I nodded, "Its fine. I'm just glad your here." He gave me halfhearted smile, and walked up to me. He lifted up my shirt just enough to see the bruise, he frowned and sighed, "I'm so sorry."

I shook my head, "This needs to stop. I can't handle this anymore, Nick."

"I might be able to figure out a way to get you out." He whispered, looking behind him to make sure Alpha Chris doesn't come back and hear him. I smiled at him, not believing what he was saying, "Really?" He nodded pushing a piece of my brown hair behind my ear. I always thought of Nick as a brother, and I know how he feels about me. I'm not his mate, and he's not mine, so I'm not going to get into it.

"You don't deserve this, Amelia." He said, he puts his hand under my chin, "I'll get you out tomorrow." As he stands up, he kisses me on the forehead. He turns and walks out, I smiled, and felt a tear fall down my cheek. That night I had the best sleep I've ever had in my entire life, knowing I'll be out of this basement and this life.

***

The next morning I woke to someone shaking me awake, I jumped up, scared. My eyes focused in the dark and I saw Nick, then I remembered our plan. I was getting out today. "Hey, it's just me," he whispered, and gave me a small black fabric bag, "put clothes and anything you need in this bag, and put it under your bed. I got my buddy Josh to lead alpha and his main people to a fake rogue sighting."

I nodded, and he continued, "I already put some food and some water in it, don't make it to heavy. It's 5:00AM right now, the sighting will be in two hours, and when he leaves, I'll come down here and get you." I nodded again and hugged him, ignoring the sharp pain in my side, "Thank you. For everything."