An Introduction

Author:  I found this in my file from a couple years back.  I've never really dug into it again...  I'm not quite sure if I should continue, but go ahead and read.  I find it's quite a child-like side that I've never really ventured on.  At the time, I was exploring my creativity, so enjoy Paradise and her adventure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sound of a bell fills my head with an omniscient feeling.  My groggy head bends towards the sound and I relentlessly release myself from sleep.  Even with the sun filling my ashen gray eyes, I feel nothing but darkness.  There is something so strange about today, but my brain will not let itself recall anything. 

The dream I have just woken up from leaves me panting, sweat carelessly dribbling down my face in a constant stream of fear.  Even if I were to recall the dream, it is unlikely I would ever willingly do so.  So many things are crossing my mind in that one second of nothingness that I don’t even bother opening up my eyes to locate the bell. 

Then, it all hits me: the reason behind the bell, the soft murmur of voices around me, the feeling of fear towards that dream.  It all comes to me like an outpouring of cold water.  The bell continuously replaying in my head, I snap awake.  I cannot let anything haunt me in this moment. 

Nothing will ever be a struggle in my life after today is over.  I will be fully immortal like the rest of my family.  I will be reckless, but unbreakable.  Soft, but untameable.  Destructive, but irreplaceable.  I will be completely immortalized, lingering and fully awake.  I will be an irreplaceable version of me.  Like many of generations before me have instilled in themselves, I will join their kind. 

I imagine my first sight of the New World and how everything will look in my indestructible eyes.  The shimmer of the pool and the crisp outlines of the leaves.  Everything I’ve ever lived for will be fulfilled. 

I breathe a sigh of relief and inhale slowly, enjoying my last day of mortality. 

I glance over at the nearest screen and examine my schedule.  First, Physical Education with yoga, aerobics, and swimming, followed by Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, English, and French.  The section that follows reads “Freedom” and I let out a chuckle.  Mr.Dalton, the headmaster, sure has a lot of humour. 

With that aside, I grab a muffin from the wooden basket hanging on the inside of my door, and rush to my walk-in closet.  I visualize a pink studded leather jacket, a sleeveless close fitting white dress, and black flats.  Immediately, my closet processes these latest trends, and I’m standing, twirling around in my perfect celebratory outfit. 

When I’m done with adoring my choice, I run to the sink and address the mirror.  “Mirror, mirror on the wall, please retrieve my toothbrush pill.”  Immediately, the mirror whirs and releases a pill from underneath the cabinet.  I grab it and run to yoga. 

The hall turns and twists with many inclines.  Luckily, the glass walls register the glaring sun seconds after I start running, so I no longer need to squint and find myself picking up speed as my eyes adjust.  I scan the hall for yoga and locate it near the end of the hall. 

Yoga and aerobics share a room, so the room is filled with many mats on one side, and multiple machines on the other. 

Ms. Jolie still hasn’t entered, but all my classmates turn their heads in awe as I skip through the room, prancing towards my usual mat and sit down next to Kassie and Zanifer, my two loyal friends.  Even after The Secret came out, they both have been so supportive and have encouraged me every step of the way.  Nowadays, people always seem to stare at me, but Kassie and Zanifer never take a second glance.  I guess they are used to the way I am, but I’m always surprised by their kind heartedness.