Chapter 1

"Citizens of Panem," President Snow began. "As of today alcoholic beverages are hereby prohibited indefinitely."

"NOOOOOOO!" screamed Haymitch, who got to his feet and banged his head against the television. Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark watched in amusement.

"Oh yes. And for the Quarter Quell, The 75th Hunger Games, the tributes will be reaped from their existing victors." Snow added.

Haymitch continued sobbing on his knees in front of the television while Katniss and Peeta listened to the latest news in horror. There were only three existing victors from District 12 and only one was female.

"That means I'm going back into the arena." Katniss whispered in horror. Peeta put his arms around her.

"It's alright. If Haymitch's name gets called, I'm going to volunteer as tribute. To protect you."

"No, Peeta! This time it's my turn to protect you!" Katniss cried. They both turned to Haymitch.

"Do you realize what this means, Haymitch?" Peeta asked quietly.

"No…more…alcohol…"Haymitch muttered.

"Erm, Haymitch? Didn't you hear that announcement about the Quarter Quell?" Katniss asked with annoyance.

Haymitch turned and glared them. "Yeah, yeah. You and Peeta will be going in the Games again. If my name gets called, Peeta will volunteer as tribute. But you're Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mallark. You'll survive, of course."

Peeta rolled his eyes. "We should probably start training again."

"We've got to go fight back!" Haymitch suddenly shouted. "THEY WILL NOT TAKE OUR ALCOHOL AWAY FROM US!"

"We're both going to die in that arena," Katniss muttered to Peeta.