I'm Here For You

Marie's POV

"I... I'm sorry," Daniel says.

"Sorry for what?" I replied.

He sighed. A morning breeze passed by and an awkward silence fills the air.

"I'm sorry, Marie. But things are... not the way I thought it would be like."

I couldn't understand what he was saying, "What do you mean?"

He sighs once more. "Marie, I don't think we should be together. It's not that you're not good enough, and I hope you don't think that you aren't. It's just that, I thought that being with the girl I love would make me smile and make me feel like the luckiest guy in the whole universe. But being with you, how you made me feel is just... different. I'm sorry." With that, he left.

A freshet of tears rolled down my cheeks and the happy mood I felt when I woke up disappeared. I just sat there crying. No one was at the garden, I guess the bell rang. But I have no intention of getting back to class. Not after what happened. Not after Daniel broke me.

"Marie, are you alright?" a familiar voice asked.

I glanced up and saw a face I haven't seen in a year. The same brown hair and the same brown eyes. But what's different is that the face is now full of concern.

I forced a smile, "Hi Kris. Yeah, I'm fine. Nothing to worry about."

He sat down beside me and held my shoulders. I was shocked by this action. I looked into his eyes and he said, "I know you're not okay. I know you, Marie. Even if you don't know much about me. I saw what happened with Daniel. Don't worry. If he treats you that way, maybe he isn't the right guy for you."

That's when I lost it. I felt the tears rolling down my cheeks again, but this time, it was uncontrollable! I cried and cried. Kris let me cry on his shoulder and he tried comforting me. It was nice to know that someone's out there to help me when I'm down. After a few more minutes, I stopped sobbing. I sat straight and then, hugged Kris.

"Thanks Kris. For comforting me and being a shoulder to cry on," I said with a genuine smile.

He smiled back, "No problem. I'll always be here for you whenever you need me. Now, why don't I walk you to class? I'm sure Geraldine, Kaye, Chloe, and Silver are worried about you."

"Okay."

We walked together to the 11th Grade classroom. There, we were met up by my best friends; Geraldine Alfaro, Kaye Villanueva, Chloe Millers, and Silver Castell. Together, we formed the group 11th Grade Cuties. The gals practically ran to us when they saw us.

"Marie Therese Evangeline Sta. Maria, where have you been?!?!" says Kaye, who is the eldest of our group.

"Yeah, Marie. We have been looking EVERYWHERE for you!" yelled Silver, who is the most kind and caring one.

Basically, Kaye's the eldest. Next to her is Silver, then Chloe. I'm 4th and Geraldine's our baby girl.

"Sorry girls, I was...," I tried explaining but had a little difficulty.

"You were...what?" Geraldine asks.

"She was talking with me in the garden. We kinda lost track of time," Kris replies for me.

The girls were shocked. But I guess they let the whole thing pass.

"Thanks for bringing her back, Kris," Chloe tells the so-called 'hero'.

"No problem," he replies.

I thanked Kris and waved goodbye. Just as we were about to enter the room, I could've sworn I heard Kris say, "Don't worry, Marie. I'm here for you."