Chapter Three

"I can't see anything!" Brooke screamed while running. "Guys!"

No one dared to turn around. They had to leave immediately. Whatever happened to Rajesh, they didn't want to find out, or worst, get caught up in it. His blood-curdling screams filled the abandoned corridors, but again, no one wanted to get tangled in that mess. At that moment, it was clear - no one cared about him or the other contestants.

Time seemed to have come to a halt, and there was no sign of the sun shedding its bashful nature to usher in light. The darkness was a serious impediment to their vision, but they somehow navigated through the never-ending corridors to end up on what seemed like a completely different part of the monument. Finally, Gavin instructed them to stop and they were glad that he did because they were all gasping for air. Dev laid down on the ground and took off his shirt. The girls, well, they sat down and tied their hair up in a ponytail. Gavin was exhausted, but composed. He took it upon himself to act the part of a leader.

"What...one second...the hell was that?" Heidi suddenly asked, still panting. "We could've been killed. I want to quit. I don't care. I don't want to die. Hey Paramedics! I'm quitting. Do you hear me? I'm quitting. Take me away. Right now."

"Oh shut up, you freak," Brooke snapped. "Don't you get this? We have been tricked."

"What?" Dev got up.

"You hear me. We all have been tricked."

"But, how?" Natasha questioned.

"Duh. Do you see anyone around? No. Did you see anyone come to Rajesh's aid? Nothing. Nothing happened," Brooke explained. "I have a really bad feeling about this."

Gavin was listening to their conversation without any intention of responding. Maybe she was right, he thought. He didn't really know what to do. They had fooled them. They had lied. And now, they were stuck there for three nights. The first night itself Rajesh was caught, and what would happen in the next two nights. Oh boy. They had come to a dead end and there was nothing they could do.

"Gavin?" Natasha called. He snapped out of his reverie and looked around. All of them were staring at him with a questioning look. "What?" He asked.

"We've been calling your name," She replied. "You seemed to be disinterested. Is something wrong?"

"No. I was just thinking," he answered, and shrugged.

"Anyway, what do we do next?" Brooke asked.

"Well, I just don't know. I didn't think that they would trick us."

"Right? That jerk. We need to stick together. Okay?" Brooke requested.

"Rajesh was with us. Wasn't he? That thing still got hold of him. How can you be so sure that we will be safe if we stick together as a group?" Gavin demanded. That never entered their mind, and it led to a long silence. How could they miss out on the fact that there had to be something twisted for the prize of a million dollars? Just how?

They were sitting in complete silence, waiting for the crack of dawn, and praying for their safety. It was after a couple of minutes that they heard something at a distance. Their heads snapped in the direction of the sound. Gavin motioned them to get up fast, and they immediately complied. It had to be their imagination. It had to be their imagination. They were just paranoid, nothing else. But, an appalling scream suddenly filled the corridor, and it began to come from all direction. Slowly approaching them. It was growing louder, and louder, and louder, and louder. It was Rajesh. 

"Where should we go?!" Natasha yelled, panic evident in her voice. Everyone had the same question in mind, but they were too scared to blurt out anything or even move. That was it. They were going to die.

"Follow me," was the last thing Gavin said, before leading them towards the direction of the sound.

________________________________________________________________________

A/N :

GUYS! How are you all? I've joined back Wattpad after almost two years, and I'm pumped. What do you think is happening? Did Gavin do the right thing? Leave a comment down below. Please vote and show your support. I'd appreciate it a lot.