12

Amaris
I smile. God, I'm nuts. What am I doing? What am I doing with my life right now? Is this love? Is this love I'm feeling? Is that a good feeling still?

"Um? What did I walk in on?"

We quickly pull apart. "Tommy!" We shout at the same time.

He does an awkward smile as I face palm myself and Adam groans. "Tommy, you didn't see anything."

He shrugs. "I can keep a secret."

"What in the world are you doing here?"

He throws food at us. Don't worry, he didn't get us dirty. "You're welcome."

Adam puts the food down on the desk. "Thomas, you better not tell anyone about this."

"Like I said, I can keep a secret."

I sigh. "You better keep this a secret."

He chuckles. "You heard me earlier. But both of you are explaining what just happened."

Adam shrugs. "We will."

Tommy smirks and walks out. We groan in frustration at what Tommy just saw us do. "I liked it."

I laugh and look at him. "So did I."

He puts his lips on my lips again. I chuckle. He misses me. And I miss him. Could we? Could we actually try again. Only time will tell.
___________
A few hours later
I sigh as I put my bag by the door as I walked into the apartment. It always felt good getting home. It's peaceful, very peaceful.

"SHE WHAT!?"

I lift an eyebrow at the shouting. I take my heels off as my sister storms out of Tommy's bedroom. "Amaris Veronica Lane!"

"And who are you calling me by my full name? I'm older than you!"

"Tommy just told me you kissed Adam."

I went pale. I look at Tommy, who crosses his arms and smiles either sadly and happily. I can't tell. "I thought you could keep a secret, Ratliff?"

"She's your sister! She has the right to know!"

"I was gonna tell her, Tommy!"

"You were going to keep it a secret!"

I scoff. "Yes, I was, America."

She groans and scoffs. Then she smirks. "If we're keeping secrets here, then I should tell you this. At least Tommy knows this."

I lift an eyebrow at her. She chuckles. "I'm pregnant."

I went wide-eyed. "YOU'RE WHAT!?"

Tommy smile drops and he looks at me if a ghost had just passed through me. Oh my god. I'm going to kill them both. Literally.

"America, can you walk Etta around the street or something? I need to talk to Tommy. Alone."

She nods and grabs Etta and her leash, then walks out of the apartment. I walk up to Tommy and smack him as hard as I could.

"Tommy, how could you! She's not even in her twenties!"

"I know! I wasn't thinking."

"Well, that's obvious!"

I groan. "I'm not ready to be an aunt and I know you're not ready to be a dad!"

"And she's not ready to be a mother."

I face palm myself. "I'm going to kill you both. She's not even sixteen yet, Tommy."

He sighs. "I know. All we can do is support her."

I put my hands on my hips and sigh. "I know. God, I'm gonna kill you both!"

He wraps his arms around me. "Calm down. Now, I'm gonna do the talking about you and Adam."

I roll my eyes. "Hit me."