Chapter Two

Savannah's POV  

   "Cody? Is that you?" I ask in the darkness. Two pairs of headlights collide in the distance. Seconds later, the sounds of the crash fill the black silence. I run to the scene and find my boyfriend of two years crushed. I fall to my knees and burst into tears.

    I wake up panting and drenched in sweat. I don't have a fan in my room, so I open my window. Apparently Hunter doesn't either. "What's that thing you're playing with?" I ask, squinting at something glowing blue spinning. "It's a spinner. Ever heard of it? You can come over and see it if you want."

     I can feel the smirk on his face. "I would rather cut off my tongue than have you kiss me with yours," I say quoting Hey Violet. "Since we're on the subject of song lyric quotes, can I say some?" "Go for it. What could you possibly say?"

     "Can we talk about your boyfriend? He's a dead end...Let me tell you 'bout your boyfriend, yeah he's got another girlfriend. Baby, I just gotta let you know, you really gotta let him know... I just thought you should know what he is capable of."

     "Excuse me? It is-" I turn around and check my clock. "It is 3 am. I don't think I'm hearing you right. Are you accusing my boyfriend of cheating?" "Well that's the point of the song, isn't it?" I blink a few tears. He's lying. How could he possibly know?  "How could you possibly know?" "Cody, right? He's my cousin. You marry him, we're related." "Let me call him real quick. What is the other girl's name?"

*****

  Cody's POV

     "Oh, Catie. I love you," I say kissing her. "Yeah. Me too. You are amazing. I want you," she says. "Yeah, alri-" My phone rings. It's Savannah. "I gotta answer this, babe."

     "Hey! Cody, can you put me on speaker?" "Um... now's not a great time." "I don't care. Put me, your girlfriend, on the speaker. Where are you and what's that background noise? Am I interrupting something? Maybe you and Catie?! Well why don't you keep her, because I never loved you anyway!"

     She hangs up. "What was that, baby?" Catie asks. "Oh nothing. Where were we?"

Savannah's POV

     I hang up and cry. "Savannah? Are you ok?" Hunter asks. "My boyfriend of 2 years. 2 freaking years! That's older than the twins! He cheated! So, no, I'm not ok," I say and slam my window and close the curtain.

     I slide down the wall and wipe the remains of the mascara from earlier on my shirt. "Ugh!" I put my face in my hands. "Why? Why me? Why not someone else, anyone else?" A soft knock on my window alarms me. I peek through the curtain.

     "What do you want, Hunter? We just met. You can't help me through a break up. I don't think a friendship is going to work between us. "Sorry. Nice pj's, by the way. I look down and see it's Cody's shirt.

     "It's Cody's," I say and rip it off. "Ok, I'm gonna pretend like that didn't happen." "Shut up. Any high school male or female for that, would be happy to have a female snatch off their shirt in front of them." "Correction, a hot female," he says. I walk to the dresser and put on my The Vamps tee shirt. "Well, that's the band I quoted earlier." I rip that one off and put a Panic! At the Disco shirt on. "Any curse on this one?"