Chapter Seven ; First Date(?)

The couple sat in the heat of the sun, appreciating each other's company for the next ten minutes.
No words were spoken, but words weren't needed.

That was, until, Frisk felt a bit hot in the sunlight. His dark hair turned hot to the touch, as he silently wondered how Chara wasn't suffering heat stroke.
Even though it was February, two days before Valentine's Day, it was hot. Maybe in the high eighties.

"Chara, do you want to go somewhere?" Frisk offered, hoping she would have wanted to go somewhere with shade.
He loved the outdoors, but he wasn't the biggest fan of the heat.

Chara looked up to him,
"Do you know anywhere nearby?" She asked.

Frisk frowned, and thought,
"There's a park right down the road." He suggested,
"Just fields and flowers. Occasionally people. Maybe it's not populated, or maybe we can meet a new friend or something." Frisk explained.

Chara smiled,
"Sure! Do you know the way?" Chara asked with a calm smile.

Frisk nodded, and stood up, then pulling Chara up right after.

Chara giggled a bit, but regained her footing, giving Frisk a gentle hug, squeezing him.

Frisk was unaffected, other than a small laugh, as he was viciously hugged by the tiny girl.
Having mercy on Frisk, Chara backed off after a moment, still smiling a bit.

Frisk reached out and held Chara's hand, before leading the scarlet eyed girl down the street.

"Frisk? What day is today?" Chara asked sweetly

"I believe it is February Twelfth." He answered back, looking to her,
"What 'ya thinking?" Frisk questioned.

Valentine's Day. Not only that, Chara's first Valentine's Day for awhile.

"Ohhh nothing." Chara decided,
"just thinking,
Damn. It's February. That's like.. one month closer to March.
Which is.. March.. nothing really special about March.
And I'm also thinking, or at least I was thinking,
Damn. My boyfriend doesn't like chocolate. It sucks I love you. Or it sucks for you that you love me, because chocolate is my fucking addiction." Chara sidetracked.

Frisk laughed,
"I don't hate chocolate or anything, it's good in small doses, too much just makes me sick." He explained, and leaned over, giving Chara a small smooch.
"And you are much better than chocolate, dear." He decided.

Chara's face lit up with a blush. She could feel the heat rush to her cheeks.
"Frisk!"

"What? I love you!" He smiled.
Frisk was wearing a bright smile, one that completely warmed Chara's heart.

She couldn't help but smile,
"I love you too, Frisk.." Chara replied.

After a bit of walking, they approached a large park. There was a playground where children gathered, and a large rock where teenagers were hanging out.

There was, however, an available bench under a tree.

Frisk lead Chara to the bench, smiling.

Chara sat down, and Frisk sat besides her, as they appreciated the background noise.

Leaves were falling, birds were singing, teenagers were chatting, flowers were blooming,
And a toddler ran over to Chara and Frisk. A boy, maybe around the age of three. He had blonde, thin hair, and a gray striped shirt and overalls.

The boy looked around, before taking an immediate interest to Chara.

Chara eyed the boy, but said nothing. Frisk, too, was a bit confused.