Prologue: The Letter

Author's Note: This is my first big attempt at a non-AU, epic adventure on the scale of the original film (with, of course, some Iceburns flavouring), and I apologize if the summary makes it seem lame, because I promise it isn't! The prologue is short, but Chapter 1 is soon to follow. For any and all story notes, FAQ, and (perhaps) fanart related to this fic in the future, please go to my blog: http://calenheniel.tumblr.com/tagged/WintersEndFrozen.

I hope you all enjoy it!

---------------------

.

.

.

To Her Royal Majesty, Queen Elsa of the Kingdom of Arendelle:

Their Royal Majesties King Oskar and Queen Therese of the Southern Isles would again like to extend their deepest apologies for the incident earlier this year involving the traitor, formerly Prince Hans. As the Queen has previously been informed, the traitor has now been formally stripped of his titles, lands, and his inheritance by the King and Queen as punishment for his crimes. Furthermore, as requested by Her Majesty Queen Elsa, the traitor remains in exile on Vollan Island far to the South, where he endures hard labour daily under the watch of Her Royal Majesty Queen Therese's own relations.

Given the efforts undertaken by Their Royal Majesties to amend the ties between the great nations of Arendelle and the Southern Isles, they would be honoured if Her Majesty Queen Elsa were to grace the court of the Isles by the end of the year with her magnanimous presence. The King and Queen are prepared to spare no expense in the festivities celebrating Her Majesty's potential visit, and hope that together, our two kingdoms can finally reunite happily and peacefully.

However, given the very recent nature of the unfortunate events involving the traitor, formerly Prince Hans, Their Royal Majesties fully understand if Queen Elsa does not wish to pursue their offer at this time, but thank her nonetheless for her kind and thoughtful consideration of this letter.

Yours sincerely,

King Oskar and Queen Therese of the Southern Isles

.

.

.