I get a total of two hours of sleep. I know how it sounds, but I actually feel great. Plus, I wasn’t really tired at all last night when Hunter and I returned to the hotel after midnight. He was exhausted so I drove back. He practically face-planted into his bed and was knocked out immediately.

I, on the other hand, got all snuggled up in the comfy hotel bed and went on my phone. The only light in the room was from the moon and the screen illuminating my face. I don’t know how long I stayed glued to my phone, but eventually I decided that if I were to have some energy tomorrow for the show then I’d probably have to get some sleep.

Now, after breakfast downstairs in our pajamas, Hunter and I are getting ready in our separate rooms. He called me in once so I could help him pick out his outfit and give him some advice on his hair but he doesn’t call me back in again.

For this concert, which starts after noon and ends at about 10:00 p.m., I decide to wear something comfortable. I slip on the sweater I packed and some loose-fitted jeans. I don’t really care for skinny jeans all the time; they aren’t the comfiest thing to wear in the world. I jam my feet into my converses and lace them up. After the clothes part is done, I get started on my hair and makeup. It can’t be too fancy because it’s just a concert, I don’t really care about how my hair looks within reason, and I don’t even know how to do a simple braid. So, I straighten my hair. It’s usually a little wavy and natural, but now that it’s straight it’s longer, making me look a little different. I hope it’s not a bad different.

I get out my makeup when my phone on the bathroom counter starts to vibrate. I set my things aside and see that it’s an unknown caller. I accept the call anyway.

“Hello?”

A bright male’s voice on the other end replies, “Hi! I’m Ron Jefferson, vice president of Gray Hill Corp. Is this Reagan Parker?”

I freeze. Gray Hill is the video game company that I applied for.

Finding my voice, I say, “Uh, yeah. Yes. This is Reagan Parker.”

Great! I understand that you sent in a resume to our company through our website online.”

“Yeah.”

Superb! Well, your resume and your paintings and drawings you sent in were of high quality and skill. The Gray Hill staff and I would like to have you visit us this Sunday at noon at our headquarters in Nashville for an interview to see if you’re right for this. It’s not just a company, it’s a family, and if you’re right for us, you’ll figure that when you start working for us.”

I cover my mouth with my hand.

This can’t be happening.

I remove my hand from my mouth, realizing that I have to speak. “Um, y-yeah,” I stutter in shock. “That sounds great. Thank you. Wow. Thank you. And you said to come to headquarters at noon on this Sunday?”

Sure did. I hope that you’ll be able to make it, and if this doesn’t fit in your schedule, let us know and we’ll move the interview to your convenience.”

“Wow. Okay, I think Sunday works.”

“Awesome! I can’t wait to meet you! Have a good day!” The cheery voice disappears. A beep signalling he hung up fills the stilled air.

Slowly but surely, a large grin stretches out on my lips.

I bolt out of the bathroom and knock Hunter’s door frantically.

I have to tell someone. I have to tell Hunter! I can’t believe it! I’m getting an interview! They like me!

“Hunter!” I call, pounding on the door that combines our rooms.