"Brotherly Reminder"

*Requested* Imagine where you're dating Klaus and Elijah is jealous and flirts with you and Klaus get jealous

( I changed this one a bit, because I can't picture Elijah behaving quite this way. I hope that's alright. Also, I'm sorry but I couldn't find a gif that fits better. I hope you enjoy. Happy reading my lovelies!)

Characters Klaus x Reader, Elijah

Story Title "Brotherly Reminder"

Word count: 793

It is a rainy day in the French Quarter, raindrops splattering against the window as you and your boyfriend Klaus are working on a painting. Klaus started teaching you some techniques of his a few month's ago, which have been very helpful and also really fun.

You are dipping your brush in you favorite colour as the door opens.

Elijah: "Niklaus, do you- Oh, forgive me. I did not mean to intrude."

Y/N: "You didn't intrude, Elijah."

Klaus dips the brush in a dark shade of blue and continues to paint without looking at Elijah.

Klaus: "How can I help you, brother?"

Elijah: "I seemed to have misplaced mother's spell book. Did you see it by chance?"

Klaus: "I think it's on that table over there."

Klaus points to the table on the opposite side of the room. Elijah walks over to it, sighing as he sees the mess on the table. It could take a while for him to find it.

Y/N: "l'll help you find it. That table is a mess right now."

Elijah smiles as you walk over, putting aside some of Klaus' blank canvas he stored there for some reason.

Elijah: "I must say, you look lovely today, Y/N. Even with the streak of colour on your shirt."

Klaus' gaze leaves the canvas and he instantly looks at his brother with a slight frown on his face.

Y/N: "Why thank you. I think it's a good touch don't you think?."

Klaus' grip on the paintbrush hardens as he watches the two of you interact. You quickly look on your phone, checking the time because you need to get ready soon to go shopping with Rebekah. Your eyes widen, not realizing that time went by so fast.

Y/N: "Is it that late already? Oh dear, I have to get ready soon."

Elijah: "Nonsense. You are beautiful without any effort, Y/N. Do not worry about not being ready in time."

Y/N: "Thank you, Elijah."

He nods before starting to search another table in the room. You look back at Klaus, who seems very occupied with painting. His face is wearing a rather tense expression though.

You suddenly hear your phone ringing, already knowing who's calling.

Y/N: "Oh, that's Rebekah. I'll be right back."

You walk out of the room, leaving the two brothers alone.

Klaus: "Need I remind you that Y/N is with me ?"

Elijah sighs yet again, already quite annoyed with his brother's possessiveness.

Elijah: "I am quite aware of that. I did not intend to in-"

Klaus interrupts Elijah mid-sentence, before spotting the book Elijah is searching for inside a rather big staple of books. He grabs it and shoves it in Elijah's hand.

Klaus: "I know very well you did."

He walks closer to Elijah, raising his hand holding the paintbrush in front of Elijah's face.

Klaus: "I am warning you brother, we are not going fall onto the Salvatore Brother's level. We are not going to fight over Y/N like they did over that doppelganger, do you understand?"

Elijah holds his hands up in defense, using his soothing voice in hope to calm down his protective brother.

Elijah: "Niklaus, I do not wish to complicate matters between us. I simply aimed to give Y/N a deserved compliment. It is not in my interest to taint your relationship."

Klaus: "You and I both know this is not true. You have been lurking around since the start. Problem is, Y/N is with me. I suggest you seek company elsewhere."

Elijah looks at his brother, knowing that his well-meant compliments might have enraged his brother too far. Their dangerous tension gets interrupted, as you walk into the room again after your phone call with Rebekah. You spot Klaus standing right in front of Elijah with a rather angry expression on his face.

Y/N: "What's going on?"

Klaus keeps his eyes fixated on his older brother, not looking away just yet.

Klaus: "Just reminding my brother what he can and cannot do."

Your eyes switch between them, not knowing what went down in here and what caused it. Elijah then suddenly looks away, flashing you a weak smile before excusing himself out of the room without saying a word.

Y/N: "What was that all about?"

Klaus: "Just a quarrel between brother's, love."

You sense that something else is behind this, but you know that if Klaus wants to talk about it he will.

Klaus: "Ready to finish our painting before Rebekah arrives?"

You smile and nod, walking over to the canvas continuing where you left off. Klaus still can't stop feeling threatened by Elijah. He knows you are devoted to him, but he is still scared to lose you to someone else. Especially to his all so noble brother...