Chapter 25

C h a p t e r  T w e n t y - F i v e

Purchased.

Ha Jin stared at the word displayed on her laptop screen for what felt like a millennium before registering that she had really chose this road, a one way trip, the one without having a U-turn to return.

"Noona, what are you doing?" Ha Jin slammed her laptop shut at the voice, and glanced up at the boy who had just entered her house with two plastic bags clutched in his hands.

"Sehunnie! Why are you here? I thought you have tons of assignments to do?" Ha Jin was genuinely surprised by Sehun's presence, as he rarely visited her small house.

"I'm your dongsaeng, of course I can come whenever I want." Sehun rolled his eyes as he spoke. He then held up the bags that was filled with groceries. "Where do I put these?"

Ha Jin pointed at the kitchen. "Just leave it there. Why groceries all of a sudden though?"

"CAUSE YOU'VE BEEN SKIPPING MEALS!" Sehun cried with a high pitch, causing Ha Jin to shut her ears with her hands at the loud voice.

"No shouting in my house!" Ha Jin scolded with a glare, but Sehun just shrugged nonchalantly. "But... who told you about me skipping meals?"

"I don't know..?" Sehun pretended to think, "Of course it's our friends, noona. Ji Soo told me about Joon Gi hyung worrying about you getting thinner each time he sees you."

"In my defence, I actually eat light snacks despite not having proper meals. So I'm still healthy." Ha Jin said as she helped Sehun -who was scoffing at her- put the groceries into her empty fridge that only had two huge containers with fermented kimchis inside.

Sehun shook his head at the sight. "How do you even survive without having proper food inside your fridge?"

"Like I've mentioned before, I either eat ramyeon or eat out." Ha Jin replied, and grinned when Sehun raise his eyebrows at her. "Okay! I'm sorry for not taking care of myself. Happy now?"

Fishing his phone out from his pocket, Sehun pressed on a contact before placing it on his right ear. "I'm telling Joon Gi hyung about this."

"No!" Ha Jin exclaimed, and tried to snatch his phone from him but she was at a disadvantage when compared to her tall brother. "Ya! End that call!"

"Tell me what you were so engrossed with when I entered your house then. What made you shut your laptop so quickly?"

Ha Jin froze at his words.

"Tell me now." Sehun smirked.

"It-it's a secret." Ha Jin's voice was so weak then Sehun had to bend down to hear her.

"Huh? What did you say?"

"I said, it's a secret!" Ha Jin rested her hands on her hips, a sign showing that she was slowly getting upset.

Sehun knew that it was time to stop fooling around. He had witnessed her turning into Hulk-Jin and it certainly wasn't a pleasant experience.

"Fineeee." He whined, and removed his phone from his ear and slid it back into his pocket. "I'll cook you seaweed soup. Is that okay with you?"

Ha Jin gasped. "Since when do you know how to cook?"

"Once again, you look down on me way too much." Sehun deadpanned, his hands busy rummaging through the pans and pots in the cabinets.

"Awh, my baby brother is growing into a man." Ha Jin cooed, but in her heart, she was super glad that Sehun was now independent and matured enough to take good care of himself.