Chapter eight

Previously On The Last Chapter:

I nod, then reply. "It's nice to meet all of you. Do you guys need anything to drink?"

|_~_| |_~_| |_~_|

Levy's P.O.V.

"Sure, a Red Bull and a platter of hot wings" Natsu says. I get out a notepad and scribble down the order.

"One vanilla sundae, extra whip cream." Gray decides, walking off to a pool table.

"Juvia wants the same as Gray-sama!" Juvia squeals with hearts in her eyes.

"I'll have a salad. Elfman wants a steak burger. Water will be fine for both of us." Lissana states.

After I'm done writing down the orders, I smile and run off to the kitchen. I preheat the oven and start preparing two sundaes. Going to the freezer, I grab the vanilla ice cream and get two bowls. While I'm looking for the whip cream, the oven is ready. I get the wings and cook them on the oven. After awhile, I finish everyone's order and put them on a big, silver platter. I walk out of the kitchen and hand everyone there food, drinks, and ice cream.

"Well that's everyone," I say, walking behind the counter.

"Hey Levy-chan, I was wondering if you had a place to sleep tonight. Because if you don't you can come stay with me for awhile." Lucy suggests shyly, her eyes lowering to the floor.

"Really? Oh thank you Lu-chan!" I give Lucy a big hug to thank her and she laughs.

"It's no big deal really. I mean, your parents just died and you hav-" Lucy gets cut off by the slam of a door.

Turning towards the main entrance, I see a tall, spiky-haired teenager walking over to the bar. I feel something I can't quite put my finger on. Nervous? No. Interested? Maybe.

He had red eyes and iron piercings all over his body that gave off a bad-ass look. The teen sat down heavily at the bar. His piercing eyes look at Lucy and she immediately goes into the kitchen. Then his eyes turn to me.

"I didn't know they let 7th graders work here." He jokes. I puff out my cheeks in annoyance.

"And I didn't know they let jerks in here so I guess we both learned something new today." I rudely reply. His demeanor just pushed my buttons for some reason and I retorted before I realized I should be polite to customers.

His eyebrows shot up in surprise. Then he grins, sharp white canines poking out of his mouth.

"Damn, Shorty. Must not know who I am if your using that tone with me." He laughs like no ones talked to him that way before.

"Doesn't matter who you are. Still a jerk all the same." I reply with an attitude.

"Gajeel Redfox. Pleasure to meet you." he greets, sticking out his hand.

"Levy McGarden. By the way, I'm seventeen, not thirteen." I corrected, flicking his hand instead of shaking it. I was hesitant to let my tiny hand be engulfed by his thick calloused one.

Lucy comes out of the kitchen with a pizza in one hand, and a smoothie in the other. She puts the food and drink in front of Gajeel and turns to me.

"So, I see you've met Gajeel." Lucy notices.

"Yep. I thought she was a seventh grader when I saw her." Gajeel jokes.

Lucy rolls her eyes. "Anyway, Levy when you're ready to go home, just come and find me." Lucy says, walking off towards the dance floor.

I grab a rag and start cleaning the counters. It was almost ten o'clock and I haven't eaten anything yet. I didn't realize how preoccupied my mind and body was today. Well, I could make a salad like Lissana or I could have a...I start listing off food items in my head when I get snapped out of my thoughts by Gajeel.

"Oi! Are you listening?" Gajeel demands.

I glare at him before snapping "No, I wasn't. Care to annoy me again?"

Gajeel grins, "You're something, you know that Shorty. No ones talked back to me before."

"So what? Am I bothering you or something? Because I will gladly leave if you want." This guy was pushing my buttons again.

"No, that's not it. You're just...special."

My cheeks burn red from that comment and I feel embarrassed from how simple his words could affect me.

"Whatever. I'm going to make myself dinner, so goodbye." With that, I go to the kitchen.

|_~_| |_~_| |_~_|

Yay!! Gajeel and Levy finally meet! I'm so excited for the next chapter even though I'm writing it XP

I'm having so much fun writing all these chapters. I'm thinking of starting another book but this time it'll be a fantasy. Maybe, maybe not. Anyway, I'll be sure to update soon. Bye!

_Kenzie-chan_