Fallen Chronicle

The sky was filled with snow... No, they were white feathers blowing with the wind. While sparks licked the cool air before being snuffed out in the breeze. Tall figures battled high in the air. Using a combination of bladed combat and magic or what could be called magic by human beings. The forces of heaven, tall white winged fair haired warriors, all painted in bright silver armor with bright blue eyes. Against the forces of hell, a mix of tall warriors with black wings, night black armor and blood red eyes, and the hideous creatures at there command. The demons and dark angels. All pawns, chess pieces in a much larger game that was being played out. Things were even, they were balanced, until hell gained the upper hand, and began gaining ground. But, there were still more pieces in this game that had yet to be played.

The forests were thick with lush trees and underbrush. Even fallen trees littered the grounds, rotting away. The forest was always empty, as far as anyone knew, or lived to tell about anyway. The sound of snoring was snuffed out by the sounds of insects and animals that inhabited the forest going through there routines. There was a man, sleeping against the trunk of a large tree. He was dressed in a long black trench coat, a black shirt and jeans with black shoes covering his feet. He looked exactly like a human. His skin a shade of white. Black hair covering his head with single locks brushing his brows. A light thumping sounded in the distance and began getting louder and the cause of it, closer. Drowning out the mans soft snores.

The sleeping man began to wake up, slowly sitting forward, eyes closed. Thinking to himself "dam it, this is the last time I sleep against a tree" before cracking his neck and massaging it. Slowly opening his eyes to look to his side where the loud thumping was sounding. He had time enough to watch a woman with long sun orange hair, tear off past him. In tow behind her, were about five humanoid demons, all black with purple glowing eyes carrying glowing purple bows with arrows to match. For a moment the woman looked back and connected eyes with the man. His eyes were strange, his right eye was a bright ocean blue. And his left, a bright blood red. After a second, the woman continued her retreat from the demons, who didn't even seem to notice the man sitting against the tree, or didn't care that he was there. Their target was the woman, and nothing would or even could distract them from it.

The young woman retreated to a clearing, but was stopped. Her only path of escape covered by a large stone wall that spanned across the forest as far as the eye could see in both directions. The girl spun around and watched the demons advance, who in the moonlight resembled human skeletons, which is most likely what they were. They had a thin layer of skin keeping there thin bodies together. The woman knew it was the end for her as they blocked her remaining paths of escape and closed in. Her short life flashed in front of her, as the assumed leader of the pack advanced forward and raised his blade. A long twisted sword with a devastating tip. The woman closed her eyes and trembled as it brought the blade down on her. She released a final screech of terror as she felt air lick her face.

A loud metallic clang resonated through the clearing. The woman's eyes slowly creaked open, and what she saw stunned her. Standing between her and the demons, was the man she had seen sitting against the tree the few minutes before. He had a sword lazily raised, still in the sheath, in his left hand above his head. The sword was about an inch out of the sheath and a small strip of the blade was exposed. Sparks were flying from the exposed steel like small red stars. The man had blocked the demons attack seamlessly at the last second. The demon had put all its strength into the attack, and the man hardly even seemed to notice that it was pushing down on his sword. She couldn't see his face, but she could tell he was grinning ear to ear.

"Well, well. I didn't think I would see anyone, or any thing out here" said the man, his voice was calm despite the odds situation he was in, it was a young, but also a strong, and experienced voice. The voice of a man who has seen more and been through more than many ever could in there combined lifetimes.