The Princess And Reality

Once upon a time there was a beautiful princess named Celena, but those who knew her best called her Snow; because of her love for the winter. “Snow” lived a wonderful life. Back when Snow was younger, her father would do everything with her from teaching her his cleverness, to cooking with her.

However when her dad passed away, her mother remarried a man named Raven who was cruel to everyone he met, and he became the new king. Her new step-dad would call her names and treat her like a peasant in the kingdom. He was ashamed of her and felt as though one day a man would try to marry the young princess, and take the King’s throne. One day, her step-father was having company over and demanded for Snow to go to the basement and to not come out until told. She obeyed because she knew if she didn’t something bad would happen to her.She decided that it wouldn’t be that bad to listen to the conversation that her step-dad was having with strangers that she hadn’t ever met or seen, Until she got caught.

Years Later…

Celena’s p.o.v

I stood up on the basement floor as I heard my step-dad coming  “Wake up you worthless piece of trash!”.

“UGHH I’M ALREADY UP!”

“Happy 18th Birthday Celena.” he mumbled as he threw an apple towards me.

“Oh” was all I could think of replying. Ever since my step-dad took over he started treating me like a peasant. When I was smaller I got caught listening to one of his conversations, lets just say that I was locked in a basement forever, but today i turned 18 and I thought it would be a good idea to escape from this hole. Today is the day i’ve been counting down to. I took the apple and bit it so that I had something to fill my stomach, he left and I went to my bed so I could write in my diary; it was my fathers old diary. I wrote in it every single day about my dreams. After I finished writing in it I felt tired again. I never get much sleep down here because I don’t have much of a bed, I always wake up exhausted though so I end up taking a lot of naps. I close the diary and my eyes drift shut.

When I wake up I get ready for my escape, I get up and I told one of the soldiers that i had to use the bathroom, he nods and let me go, little did he know i grabbed his keys from his back pocket so i could open the bathroom window. I had planned this escape for years and i observed every little detail so I knew how to escape. When I got to the bathroom I successfully was able to unlock the window, I turned on the sink water so they didn’t hear any noise. I stepped in the sink to lift me up onto the window ledge, and pulled up the screen. The next room was a dressing room, as I jumped down and closed the window back, I recognized soldier's outfits laid out on the floor and everywhere in sight. I decided a long time ago that I would have to put one on in order to escape; so I picked the cleanest one I could find, tied my hair up with a loose fabric from another uniform, and hid my face with the armor. I take a deep breath and casually walk out of the room, leading me into the kitchen. The house was quiet, which was weird since I’ve gotten use to my step-dad yelling. I walked quietly and grabbed an old bag from the closet nearby, then threw bread, water, and a few strawberries in. I opened the door and left as quick as I could. As i walked out the castle I was immediately blinded by the light, since I was so used to the basement darkness. I looked down and noticed there were weeds, where i remembered flowers used to be. After hours of walking i pass some houses and realize i’m in the neighborhood of my old friends. Abby, Bevan, Connor, Dani, Ethan, Frankie, and Gina; the 7 people I that were there for me when my father passed. I always felt closest to Connor and Abby though. I ran to Abby’s house where I knew they all would be hanging out, and pounded on the door. They took a while to answer but the door opened, revealing Ethan’s face.

Raven’s P.O.V

I walked down to the basement to see if the red apple had worked. As i walked down the basement steps, all of the soldiers has worried and scared expressions. I didn’t think much of it because thats what these weak eggshells get for wanting to work under my power. I opened the door and saw only the apple i gave her on the floor, but nothing else. Anger rose inside of me.