prologue

Easton Edwards life was all planned out. He had graduated high school early in order to attend college as soon as possible and earn his bachelor's in business. He was on the fast track to taking over his father's company, spending every waking minute preparing to follow in the footsteps of his lineage.

Mia Howard was the daughter of a socialite and retired actress who was far too fabulous not to cause attention, good and bad. Having to attend lavish parties and keep her mother in check was just a part of Mia's daily schedule. This particular past time also kept Mia from thinking seriously about plans after high school, but she'd get there eventually.

When Easton received an internship at a division of his father's company for the summer, it was a given that he would take it. Conviently this part of the company was located in the same city where Mia and her mother lived, sunny Miami, Florida. It also just so happens that Mia's mother was great friends with Easton's mom, so housing for Easton wouldn't be a problem. The real problem would be the disaster of a summer these two opposites would create. Neither of them expected this bump in the road, but like they always say, it's less about the destination and more about the journey.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

author's note:

So this story is a work in progress and I'm not quite sure where I want it to go right now, but if you're reading this, thank you. I hope you enjoy.

Also none of these chapters will be edited so if you want to correct my grammar, don't.