Meeting Greenie

She came to her senses. It seemed like she landed on a patch of pea plants. Why pea plants? Where was she? The last thing she remembered was tripping on a branch. She looked up, and saw the hole she tripped through. Great, now she was stuck down here. She barely avoided being kidnapped a couple months ago, only because she was too small to be found. But now? She's trapped anyway.

Out of curiosity, she moved forward through the cave. It was the only thing she could do at this point. On the other side was another patch of pea plants. She wouldn't have thought that peas grow so well underground. There was a greener, taller thing in it that was standing out from the rest of them. It looked like it had...hands? And a face?

"Hey there!" yelled the tall green plant. The girl was startled by the loud voice and quickly turned her head. "My name's Greenie! Greenie the Bean!" She thought Greenie was adorable, and happily greeted him back. At least she found the hole where everyone else was.

"How were you not captured with the rest of the memes, and still manage to drop in? You must be so afraid and confused!" That was exactly what she was feeling. She nodded.

"Someone should teach you how things work down here! I guess little ol' me will have to do! Are you ready?" Before the girl got a chance to respond, Greenie noisily started the lesson, and a glowing pink star appeared on her blouse.

"See that star? That's your FIGMENTATION, the very culmination of your being! Every figment has one. It starts off weak, but gets stronger if you gain a lot of QL. What's QL, you ask? why, QUALITY, of course! You want to be high-QUALITY, don't you? Don't worry, I'll help you with that!" He winked playfully as he summoned some white things. With a wave of his finger, they reformed into shapes that resembled hands wearing thumbs-up gestures.

"Down here, QUALITY is raised by collecting these... little white... 'likes.' I'll toss them to you." One of the likes dropped into Greenie's hand, and he threw it at the girl. "Catch!" She wasn't ready, and instinctively ducked out of the way.

Greenie glared at her. "Uh oh! Kid, you missed it. I'll try throwing it softer this time." Another like was dropped into his hand, and he tossed it. This time the girl was ready, and she leaped for it. She was really excited to get her newfound quality, and now it was just a split second away–

BWWWWWRRRRRRRR!
An ear-piercingly loud sound exploded from the projectile, and knocked the girl onto the ground a few yards away. Greenie was nowhere to be seen until he teleported right next to her with a devilish look on his face.

"You MORON."
His voice raised. The girl covered her ears.
"In this world, it's kill or be killed."
The rest of the thumb-shaped likes hovering around him turned upside-down. She backed away from them.
"I've never BEANED anyone this hard before. Why would I give up this opportunity?"
His voice grew louder than anything she has ever heard. A wall of dislikes formed across the room, trapping the girl in between it and another wall.
"DIE."

The dislike wall inched closer and closer to the girl. Was this the end? Not anymore. Wait, what? Greenie seemed to be confused too. The girl stopped looking away from her death and realized she was being protected by a shield made of leaves, of all things. The dislikes seem to have disappeared.. More leaves came out of nowhere and pushed Greenie out of sight.

Someone was coming over, talking to himself. "what the hell is that guy's problem? he was about to fucking kill someone." He was a plump, burly man who seemed to be made out of metal and wood.

He looked at the girl. "yo you ok? nice. i think he's gone now. i'm wood man. you're welcome for that leaf shield lmao. lemme show you around." The girl started to feel she could trust Wood Man. The two of them walked into a nearby door.

The ruins look nice and safe. You're filled with a feeling you can't describe. You continue.
Nozomi - QL 1
Forest - Entrance
Save       Return