The black cat

One thing that Rafael hates the most was cats, he was allergic to those furry things, it ignites his asthma and probably are irritating as the common household pests.

There was this one event where Rafael encountered one and he had to stay at the school clinic for the whole day. He sighed as he scratched his head and then sighed in remembering that day.

The train was moving fast, he looked at the next station then found out that he was close to Legarda. He tried to close his eyes but he heard a voice of a woman.

“Hi mister” it was a woman, not that young and not that old, she was of college age, Rafael’s eyes traveled all around her, making the lady shudder.

“Centro Escolar? Studying as a doctor specializing in anesthetics I presume?” The lady’s eyes widen as he got it all correct.

“How did you-?”

“Your uniform, it has the logo of CEU quite a bit new for me since the last logo of CEU was emblazoned pink but now they decided to follow the color of their insignia” Rafael got it all right, as the woman decided to sit beside him.

“So where are you going?” the lady shyly asked as the train stopped at their station.

“Just visiting a very old friend of mine in San Beda”

When they went off the train, Rafael’s back chilled as he heard a purring of a cat, he turned around and then saw a British shorthair cat, it appears to be smiling as he hurried down the stairs.

Never did he know was a figure following him, with a newspaper clutched between its hands as it angrily followed Rafael out of the train station.

“People often regarded black cats as witches in disguise”

-Edgar Allan Poe ‘Black cat’

A shot to the first eye, he fell to the ground, the darkness sent another flash and his second eye was gone, the only thing that he can think of as his consciousness slips was a tinge of regret as he had never fed his pet before he died.