Chapter One: Drone Attack

Heyo, freaks and geeks! It's KillinTimez, with ZachAttack00 here. ZachAttack wrote this, but I editted it, and there were a whole lot of mistakes! Give Zach a hand! WE RIDE AT DAWN, or should I say 'WE FLY AT DAWN!' ?

Kevyn raced at 40,000 feet above the ocean, at 1.3 thousand knots.

"Owl, Your joyride is over. Head back home; we have an 'issue'," Kevyn's friend, Stuart 'Elf' Kagan said over the intercom.

"Copy that, Elf," Kevyn replied. Kevyn turned the jet around and blasted full speed towards the carrier. Barrel Roll!, Kevyn thought as he flew to the carrier. He threw the Tomcat into a repeated barrel roll.

"Owl. You are approaching the air carrier. Slow down, you're coming in too fast," the flight director, Clyde, observed.

"Activating air brakes," Kevyn said, turning down his thrusters, and opened the air brakes.

"Owl, you are clear for landing," Clyde stated once Kevyn reached within a kilometer from the carrier. Kevyn let out his landing gear, and set the jet down. The wheels screeched, and the jet was pulled to a sudden halt. He shut down the engine, and popped the cockpit open, and the smell of salt water greeted him as he exited the jet. For miles and miles, nothing but blue ocean was visible. Xavier Nevins was already walking towards him, with Stuart following closely. Stuart was a rather short man, only five foot three, which had given him the nickname 'Elf'. Xavier, on the other hand was, was just an inch under Kevyn, at five foot nine.

"Kevyn, Captain McCay needs to speak to you, and your Squad," Xavier said

"Why?," Kevyn asked, wondering what he wanted. A moment later, noticing his question sounded rude, he added, "I mean when?"

"Be there at noon sharp, not a minute late," Xavier replied to his last question, ignoring the first one.

Kevyn looked at his watch; it was 10:00, "Hey, Elf, go get Rue, and Thalia. I'll go get the others."

"Roger that, Owl," Stuart replied. Technically, Stuart is supposed to call Kevyn 'Sir' but Kevyn had known Stuart for many years, and he did not mind. Kevyn had gotten the nickname 'Owl' because he had a habit of being 'Captain Obvious' or, as Stuart said, Smart Ass. Kevyn rushed off to get Trevor Kirkor, and Luke Kartro.

"Listen up! Captain McCay will meet us on the Bridge in two hours. I want you to be ready half an hour before then. Do you understand?" Kevyn questioned his Squad.

"Yes sir!" Trevor and Luke replied simultaneously. They were a lesser rank than Stuart, so they had no excuse to call him anything other than sir.

Kevyn was ready to go to the bridge. Stuart walked down the hallway, followed by Roe Houck, Trevor Kirkor, Thalia Porten, and Luke Kartro. "As I said earlier, the Captain wants to speak with us," Kevyn walked onto the bridge. Kevyn stood tall and stiff as the Captain walked over.

"At ease," Captain McCay said. Kevyn, and his squadron clasped their hands behind their back, and their feet spread apart. "You and your Squadron has far surpassed all our other squadrons. But we have one more challenge for you. We have made some drone fighters that you will be tested against in a real battle," he explained, putting emphasis on the word 'real' before continuing,"They won't shoot real rounds at you, but they have infrared 'lasers' that will be shot at your ship. After a certain amount of hits, your ship will engage auto pilot, and take you back to the base. The drones are faster, more maneuverable than the F-14s. In just about every way possible, these drones are better than the Tomcats. Everything, but the pilot."