Prologue

I held his hand hesitantly. "Are you sure about this?"

"Sure I'm sure, babe. Just trust me." He smiled and kissed my hand quickly. "No backing out now, okay?"

"All right, fine! Take me with you then. I wanna see this place." I blew my bangs out of my face. "But don't get us hurt."

Hades laughed loudly. "We'll be fine, just hold on tight, okay?" He bent down and whispered, "I love you." Chills went down my spine. He opened the car door for me. "What? Do you not love me in return?"

"I do love you, Heath."

He laughed again. "I love how you still call me that. Well, unless you're angry."

"Well, it suits you." I scoffed. "Besides, you love it when I call you Heath, so shush and drive, hot shot."

"Whatever you say, sugar butt." He revved his 2014 Challenger. I moaned teasingly, like he did the first day he took me on a real date in this thing. "You might want to actually wear your seatbelt this time."

I buckled up quickly. "Okay, let's go!"

He revved it again and made his tires spin out a bit before speeding us out onto the highway. Hades rolled down all his windows and closed his eyes feeling the air blow around. "Ready?" His eyes opened and were directed at me.

"Bring it." I smirked. He grinned and ran his car right off the bridge. "Holy shit!" I shouted as we went straight into the water.