Chasing tails

Jesse's story spread like wildfire. People craned their necks to get a glance at her. Anyone who grown up with the legends of the Order would make a point of seeing the leader of the new group. 

Whispers followed Jesse everywhere.

"Did you see her?"

"She doesn't look like the leader, not of the Order of the Stone."

"I'm telling you! That's her!"

"Wonder what the rest of them are like, with someone like her as their leader."

Everywhere Jesse went. This caused the gladiators to become weary of her, as she could possibly build a resistance of people, if of course she really wanted to. 

Often, Jesse would find herself sitting on her bed, starting at the replica amulet in amusement. One day, maybe she had lost her mind, or maybe she was aware, either way, she had begun to talk to it. 

"They aren't coming for me," she sighed, letting her back slouch and her eyes blur, "I failed them, why would they?" 

A sudden tapping startled Jesse, "quiet!" A gaurd, weak and frail, requested.

Jesse nodded to them. The guard quickly rushed away, seemingly scared. 

Jesse suddenly became angry at the replica, "Fine!" She snarled, in one grand motion shattering the glass of the amulet on the floor, "I'll find my own way!" 

Sifting through the shards, of the amulet replica Jesse found the most jagged of them. Kicking the others underneath her bed, Jesse hid the chosen shard in the folds of the heavy blue suit they required her to wear and began marching towards her mining station. Just her luck, a wither skeleton crossed her path, carrying what Jesse so desperately needed, a sword. 

Jabbing the shard of glass into the wither skeleton's skull, The Arcitect used this as a distraction, grabbing the sword from the monster's deathly grasp, she impaled the creature, ending it with it's own wepon.

Then Jesse ran, straight into the open Nether. No minecarts or gladiators, just Jesse, and a world of fire. Careful no to stray too far, Jesse built herself a small shelter. Honestly small was a understatement, try tiny. Yeah, tiny works. Stomach growling, Jesse curled into a ball and groaned from hunger. 

"There's got to be something to eat!"

Looking around, Jesse's eyes landed on a zombie pigman. They were half pig, and pig meant food. On the other hand they were also zombies, and she didn't want food poisoning. 

-----

"Petra are you sure this will work?" Lukas scrunched his eyebrows together, "there's a plethora of things that could go wrong."

"It's gotta work Lukas." Petra slouched against the wall disguised so haistily that she completely recognizable.  Her hair was drenched in dye, and a hastily made blue jumpsuit hung off of her frame loosely. 

"Sooo what's the plan again?" Axel asked, handing Petra a metal helmet that he had crafted. 

"I'm going in and rescuing Jesse."

"In a miner costume?"

"It's a disguise!"

"Are you sure?" 

Petra scrunched up her face in mock annoyance, "AXEL!"