24 | Who you belong to

Okay I decided to update lol I like this book again. I hope to write more over my winter break so if you like it, make sure to vote, comment and share!

24 | Who you belong to

"The whole bed's mine. I'll do what I want." 

Matt and I cover the west part beyond Alex's yard, deep into the bush

Matt and I cover the west part beyond Alex's yard, deep into the bush. Alex's family lives just outside the neighbourhood, in the country, so the snow is so high we don't get very far, and end up having to take a path around, calling out Kibo's name. We try to look for footprints, but either there are none, all of the snow has been stamped down by human feet or covered by a fresh fall of snow. 

"You okay to be out here?" Matt asks me, digging his red face into his scarf. 

I nod. "Of course. I want to find Kibo." I take off a glove to text Eden to make sure they're looking for footprints. 

"We can go back and drive around a bit, see if he's out on the road somewhere?"

I stop and frown at Matt. "Are you okay to be out here?"

He chuckles. "Yeah, I'm just making sure you're okay."

I sigh. "That's sweet. I'm good. I promise," I tell him, rubbing his shoulder, "but we should keep going." 

Matt takes my hand and we continue to trudge through the snow, calling out Kibo's name, glancing around for any movement, hoping nothing else jumps out and attacks us. Matt is being really sweet, and I care about him, but I'm annoyed, because I really want to be with Alex. I can tell that Matt is glad he showed up when he did; if we were just chilling out at my house, I wouldn't have invited him in, and he wouldn't have asked either. 

"I like this," Matt tells me after we've been searching for ten minutes without any luck.

I frown up at him. 

"I mean I like hanging out with you again," he corrects himself. "Even if were not together right now." 

I sigh, "Matt, we're not—" but my phone ringing in my pocket cuts me off. I glance at him and answer Eden. "Hey, did you find him?" 

"Yes! Come back!"

She hangs up on me and I tell Matt, "they found him."

"Actually?" he asks. "Good. Where was he?" 

I shrug. "I guess we'll have to find out. Let's go."

Matt and I stalk back to the car, which takes us another ten minutes. The drive is short though, and when we pull into the driveway and park, we can see everyone hanging out in the living room, happy the pup was found safe and sound. 

I ring the doorbell, and Maisy is at the door in seconds, pulling me into a hug. "Oh my gosh, you're freezing," she tells me, and pulls away to gaze at me in worry. I didn't realize how much I was shivering. "Come in come in," she says, looking a little surprised to see Matt behind me, but nevertheless, welcomes him in too.