Chapter 9

Brooke's P.O.V.

Breath. Come on just breath. I kept telling myself. I can't believe I just did that but the fact that Kelly did what he did hurt me so much.

"Hey"

I turned my head to see Peter standing there, I quickly sniffed "I don't want to talk about it Mills"

"Uh yea, Boden wants to see you"

I nodded my head "Okay" I looked down taking a second before I would get up. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed he was still standing there. I heard him take a few steps.

"It's going to be okay sis, I'm gonna be here for you. Whatever you need" I felt him kiss the top of my head before he walked off.

"You didn't do it right?" I spoke up. I finally looked up and turned to him.

He stopped and turned around "No, I would never do that"

I nodded my head. He turned the corner and walked away. I stood up and took a deep breath before walking to Boden's office.

"Hi Connie" I said as I approached.

"He's ready for you"

I gave her a nod before I walked up to the door and knocked. I heard Boden invite me in. I walked in and closed the door behind me.

"Have a seat" He said leaning back on his chair. I sat on the chair.

"I heard about the Caleb situation" He began.

"Look I know Chief, no one was suppose to know any of that"

"Well regardless, I want you to know this firehouse has your back"

I nodded my head "Thanks Chief, I was actually going to ask if I could take a few days off"

"Say no more" He said with a small smile.

"Thanks Chief"

"That will be all"

I stood up and walked out. I walked back to the common room where everyone else was at. I grabbed onto my bag and walked out not saying a word. I stormed through the doors and began walking to my car. I heard a voice behind me yell.

I turned around to see Peter "Look Pete I just want to go home"

He began panting when he stopped in front of me "I know, Boden let you take the shift off?"

"And a few days to add"

"Okay" He said nodding his head "Listen with what I said earlier I meant it. I'm gonna be here for you, just pick up the phone and call me if you wanna talk"

I glanced away for a second before nodding "Yea, thanks" I turned around and walked to my car. Once I entered my apartment I threw my bag to the ground and walked over to the couch. I sat down and took a deep breath. Everyone knows, everyone.

I stood up and walked over to the cabinet. I opened it and stared at the alcohol that was sitting inside the cabinet. I don't drink so much but right now I need this. I grabbed the alcohol from the cabinet and began walking back to the couch.