Fifth.

"Jaebum comes from under the basket, catches the ball on the 3-point line from Jongin and—this is not happening people—he shoots the ball right on the buzz! Im Jaebum does it again!" The buzzer blared and the crowd roared itself hoarse, shimmering pompomps flew in the air and all the players in blue embraced the buzzer beater that is no other than Im Jaebum. Riverdale definitely owns the golden trophy this year.

All the cheerleaders jumped in victory except for Seulgi who remained seated on the bleachers and just watched the whole thing and simply clapped. She's probably going to get kicked out of the squad for not doing her job but it's not like she cares. And it's not like someone's watching.

***

          "Jaeb!" Mark called behind as they exit the gym, and before Jaebum could even turn to him, the former already latches his friend's neck in his sweaty arm.

"What now, Tuan."

"What do you mean what. Tell me, has someone texted you yet?" Mark wagged his brows but Jaebum is nothing but confused. Clearly, he has no idea what his friend is talking about, and should he be expecting a text?

"Not when I last checked," Getting rid of his friend's sweat by prying himself away, he grabs a roll of a clean towel from the basket once they arrived the changing room and immediately discards his jersey.

"Hm, looks like she's not interested." Mark just shrugged as he did the same as his teammate. Jaebum glances over his shoulder. She?

As much as he wants to ask his friend about it, he has no energy to do so because a refreshing bath and his bed are what he needs right now. He deserves a good rest after all tireless after-school practises and all-around work at the diner anyway. Being an athlete and aiming for a scholarship at the same time is hard—not to mention that he has to work at the diner. He's lucky he's finally got a trophy that will look good on his records.

Jaebum presses the towel onto his face and plops his butt down the bench, allowing himself to rest against the lockers that felt cold for a moment against his back. His hair is damp with sweat; slightly curtaining and stinging his eyes, prompting him to push it back. For some reason, he finds himself thinking about his friend's words when little bouts of curiosity start to eat him up.

Why would someone text me?

He ends up fishing his phone out of his duffel bag and checks if someone did text him but apparently, there's nothing from someone he isn't expecting. He may be or may be not thankful, because at least, he won't be dealing with anything else tonight.

***

          "Did you text him yet?" Irene throws a glance at her friend, arranging the small of bag of toiletries in her locker.

"For the umpteenth time, I'm not interested, Irene." Seulgi says with contradiction and just sighs as she unties her black mane in one swift pull, letting her hair breathe from the mandatory balding cheerleader hairstyle that pulled on her scalp every single time she jumped.

She hated it. So much. And this for sure, is surely going to be the reason why she has to quit the squad one day.

"Woah, what happened to 'Joohyun'?"

"What happened to you understanding what I say?" Seulgi couldn't count how many times Joohyun has asked the same question, neither she could count how many times she answered it with the same answer today. Usually, Joohyun never asks again after getting an answer from her but unfortunately, the odds aren't in her favour today. Her bestfriend was very determined to have him text a boy she knows nothing about except him being part of the school's basketball team.