01. Basement

Chapter Notes:

Hello, everyone. I am back with another story of my OTP. Aside from this site, I posted my story on archiveofourown (ID: c-heulwen). I rarely open any social media, but you can hit me up on twitter (ID: himawarinee) and tumblr (ID: c-heulwen) regarding this story or just for a plain visit. I might get more active there for nostalgic reasons.

****WARNING! PLEASE KEEP THIS IN MIND BEFORE READING! This is ereri story, means we've got top!Eren and bottom!Levi, along with older!Eren and younger!Levi. The story won't be as smooth as baby's bottom; a few jumps from one scene to another here andthere, a fast storyline that sometimes doesn't even make any sense, ooccharacters, shitty plot even though in my head it's such an amazing one. Also, please don't connect this AU into the real world, our real world, because they won't be the same no matter how this story looks like it takes place in modern era. Lastly, English is not my first language, and no, there will be no edits from beta reader because I am a lazy potato. I hope instead of complaining on my story, or my English, you will enjoy reading it. Regardless, if this story or the writing style is not your cup of tea, no matter how you try reading it, please feel free to leave peacefully, thank you! c:

________________________________________

Stohess, an upper-class neighbourhood in the city of Sina. It was also the place of an old, small castle to finally have new occupant; a twenty five-year-old Eren Yeager, a recent lecturer of Architectural History class in Sina University, starting next Monday.

"Welcome, everyone, to my humble abode," Eren greeted with his handsome smile. Emerald eyes widened from excitement as his tan hand gestured the guests to get inside his new home.

"Oh, wow..." His blonde best friend, Armin, murmured in awe at the interior.

"Eren... Tell me again, how did you end up buying this old castle?" Mikasa, the other best friend as well as Eren's step-sister, asked.

"Like I said, a man who previously lived here for years turned out to be a criminal. A major con-man, if I'm not mistaken. On the day he got caught by the police, he was resisting and even attacking them, so they had to shot him and... well, he died right away."

"That didn't explain how you end up buying this old castle, Eren. You told me about this place being sold for a low amount of money, I want details," Mikasa rolled her eyes.

"Meh. I don't know how exactly the system works, but after the man died, this place's rights and ownership was taken by Stohess Property Development. They tried to sell it, but no one seem wanting to buy it. You know, because of reasons like... this place is a criminal place that could bring such bad luck, a haunted castle, and so on," Eren told them while making coffee.

After putting cups of coffee on the table, he continued, "But lucky me, I don't believe in such things. You know, it all started a month ago, when I was casually driving passed this neighbourhood while looking for an apartment room to rent, since the university I am going to work at located not too far from here."

"Uh huh," Mikasa nodded, followed by Armin who was sipping the hot coffee carefully.

"That's when I saw a saleswoman putting on a sign that written 'old castle for sale'. At first, I didn't really care, but then I saw her putting on a banner next to the sign with words like, 'super cheap, negotiated, need to be sold fast'. I immediately pulled over and asked about the offered price. Did you know how much this old castle cost?"