Chapter 5

The backyard is more like an extension to Jungkook's house. A high white fence runs around the edges and comes back around to the house. On one side sits a pool and a patio with sunbathing chairs,  now trashed with empty solo cups, crushed beer cans and cigarette buds that litter the pool tiles. In the middle is an outdoor kitchen, surrounded with a bar and covered with a roof. The other side is grassy and open although the grass is covered with even more litter.

Hoseok uncomfortably walks with Yoongi's arm slug over his shoulder and Jungkook closely trails ahead of them. Jungkook opens the back gate and pushes the police tape aside.

"My backyard looks like a crime scene took place," Jungkook laughed and steps past the gate and picks up a trash bag off the fence. Hoseok looks around. Jungkook was right. Police men were scattered around collecting evidence and taking samples of left over drinks to possible find even a trace that may lead to why Yoongi acted the way he did.

"When are your parents coming home," Hoseok asked Jungkook. Yoongi trails off over to the bar and picks up a cup. "They came back early this morning."

Jungkook pads over and begins picking up empty cups and tossing them in the trash bag. One of the police officers snaps at him for disposing potential evidence.

"Were they mad?" Hoseok asks. Jungkook chuckles lightly and proceeds to clean up, ignoring the police officer's order. "Furious."

Hoseok let out a sound of understanding. "They were so mad but their face didn't seem surprised." Jungkook shrugs. Yoongi from across the yard held a cup up in the air and shouted, "I think this is my can!"

The police men look up and fixed their gaze on the beer can. They dropped what they were looking at and quickly hurried over. One of the men pulled out a bag and a glass tube. The other takes the tube and pours a portion of the remaining drink. They zip it into the bag and exchange a few words. "Take it to the chief to be deliver to the lab."

The other nods. "Yes sir."

The rest of the officers pick up their belongings and make their way into the house. Jungkook hands Yoongi a trash bag and orders to help clean up. Yoongi tosses the bag to Hoseok and goes inside to get a drink with a protesting Jungkook calling after him.

"Yoongi is a character." He mumbles and Hoseok looks up. "Mmh?"

"Hey Hobi- wait can I call you Hobi? It's cute," Jungkook places his hand on the elder's shoulder and flashes his bright bunny like teeth. Hoseok furrows his eyebrows at the sudden nickname. The warmth of Jungkook's hand on his shoulder doesn't help the cause of his cheeks to flush either.  "Yeah," he breathes out.

"I wonder if Jimin left clues to his whereabouts?" Jungkook ponders. Hoseok cracks a laugh and shakes his head. "Where'd you think of that? This isn't some mystery movie."

"It could be, ever watched John Green's Paper Towns?" Jungkook pipes up. Of course Hoseok had. Jimin dragged him along to see it in theaters with Yoongi. It was the worst night for him as a third wheel. Yoongi and Jimin spent their time focusing more on each others lips rather than the screen. Untill Yoongi knocked the popcorn bucket over and Jimin ordered him to go buy a new one. That saved Hoseok's misery and the popcorn bucket became his hero that night.

"The main took off because she was tired of living the same old life and her love interest went to find her using the clues he found only to reveal a huge plot twist ending!" Jungkook throws his arms up and gestures at the thin humid outside air.

Hoseok rolls his eyes as he bends over to pick up some more littered cans and plates. "I don't think Jimin would be dramatic enough to suddenly go missing," Hoseok states. He had known Jimin for years, meaning since early grade school. If anything, if Yoongi pissed Jimin off so bad to break up with him, he would of dragged Yoongi to the school's court yard and told him. But something seems wrong. Jimin and Yoongi were perfectly fine, aside from Jimin picking about Yoongi's bad habits, so why now?