7: Greedless

^^ Oze the Greedless ^^

--- Dimitri ---

My first reaction was something near to amusement, and mixed with confusion. Like that tiny dog that's hilarious, but you've no idea what they're trying to accomplish.

I looked at her with a raised eyebrow. "I told you you'd fair no better than the Crocodile, dear. You're very weak, compared to me, or even Davila."

She narrowed her eyes slowly, and I smiled. "Don't feel bad, I completely overpower Davila as well. I'm in a different dimension of power than you, is all. Now. As I was saying, sir Chaste? Let's have a clean match." I shook his hand, grinning, and stepped into the crater.

Instead of sand, the bottom and sides were made of fine gravel, which shifted uncomfortably underfoot, leading to me having to quickly figure out the dynamics, and turn to the Chaste.

"I was told that Chaste warriors were the strongest Beings in this entire Realm... but you don't look that intimidating, I have to be honest... but I'll try not to judge a book by its cover." I hummed at the tiny man, even by the Elf Standards.

He was perhaps 5.5 feet tall, with Snow White hair, and what I'd thought were scars, but actually turned out to be designs, carved into his skin to make artificial scars that were perfectly identical on either side. They pulsed with a gentle blue light, not unlike a water Sprite, and I swore I felt Spirit Energy from them, before he bowed, and I snapped my attention to the Duel.

I stripped my armor, setting it aside, and drew my Bastard sword, holding it with one hand for now, and checking the dagger I held in my left hand, which was thin enough I could grip both comfortably.

He drew his hand-and-a-half sword, and nodded. "First blood." He said simply.

Davila sucked her teeth noisily, acting disinterested, and whistled a shrill starting sound. Like that, we were at each other's throats.

His sword dug into my side, denting my iron skin, (impressive,) but the weak steel shattered, unable to withstand the tenacity of my hide, and I stepped back, halting my swing at his throat.

I stabbed my sword into the ground, and tossed him one of my daggers, keeping the other.

He hissed as he caught it, and hummed. "Giant-Forged Steel, hmm?"

"Not exactly." I dug my feet in and charged him, confident in my ability to catch him. Fighting people smaller than me was new... But I could handle it.

He disappeared as my dagger went towards him, and a blue streak pulsed where he'd been for an instant, before disappearing.

I turned, and caught a fireball to the chest, yelling with confusion. "Jeez! That was a surprise!!!" I chuckled, dusting off my skin, which had been blackened by soot, but unharmed. "You don't need to take it easy on me, Chaste... but I'm a Giant. Fire doesn't burn Giants at that level, that's why we're such excellent Smiths." I shrugged.

He reversed my dagger in his grip. "I wasn't aware... good to know." He nodded, and then his scars glowed, definitely this time.

I attempted to predict his path of movement, based on his pattern so far of keeping his distance, (wise,) and then swung a leg as fast and hard as I could as his image blurred.

I felt my shin connect, and I ended up clotheslining him with my kick, and hurling him to the gravel about twenty feet behind me, because his legs' momentum had continued, even after I'd halted his chest so suddenly.

He coughed a nasty, rattling cough, and then groaned. "I don't think Broken Bones count as Blood... but-"

I punched him squarely in the mouth, and chuckled as he nursed his newly busted lip. "That does, though." I snarked cheekily, and grinned, helping him stand.