Scheming and Shopping

Ryan brought Yang over to where the suit racks where and explained each one. "Ok before we do this there's going to be a problem with your hair."
"What do you mean?" Yang said suspiciously.

"Well you see the suit's helmet closes in around the head making it airtight."
"If your implying about cutting my hair you better think of a different decision because I will end you." Yang said giving a look so scary it would probably make a necromorph piss itself.

"No! no! no! You can keep the hair. Just keep it contained or else your going to loose some of it when your helmet closes around your head."
"Oh ok. I'll wrap it up in a ponytail later."
"Ok then. Let me show you the suits I got on the shelves at the moment."

"Ok here's the things you need to know about the suit or anything in terms of meds." Ryan said as he showed Yang a jar of green gel. "This is somatic gel. It's in all if not most of our medical kits. How it works is when injured you slap some of this stuff on the wound and the bacteria inside the gel will repair the damaged tissue." Yang looked at the gel with a curious look on her face.

"Alright so how do we apply it inside our suits?" Yang asked.

"Good question my blonde friend. There's a medical port on the side of the suit used for just that. Just take a tube, plug it in, twist, and your good to go." Ryan said as he pointed out said medical port on the RIG area.

"There's also the matter of getting you a RIG." Ryan said "RIG?" Yang looked at him with a confused look. "Sorry. Resource Integration Gear. It allows us to do specific tasks like for soldiers it tells the position of friendlies, for engineers it has a map of the area around facilities, stuff like that."

"Do you have one on right now?" Yang asked.

"Yea it's on my back here." Ryan said as he turned around to show glowing blue lights going down his spine. "The RIGs are linked to our nervous system to monitor the health of the wearer. Blue is good and so is green, yellow you have something broken, and red you are in critical condition and may die at any given moment. So always check the RIG of a person before you jump to the conclusion that the person is dead. Ok?"

Yang nodded in understanding.
"Ok good. Now let's get you a suit."

"Which suit do you have?" Yang asked.
"I have the Legionary Suit which is standard issue for all SCAF soldiers. It has a lot of storage to store ammo and other things and it's reinforced with a lot of padding and armor plating. The helmet is designed so it can protect the soldier from anything from bullets to shrapnel." Ryan explained while standing next to the suit on the rack.

Ryan went over to several different suits from the spec ops suit to the EVA suit, each time pointing out the strengths and weaknesses of each suit.

Yang eventually narrowed her options to the Legionary suit and the Archaeological suit.

"Hey what can you tell me about the Archaeological suit." Yang asked.
"The suit was made for scientists and other civilians. The suits bright colors make it easy to spot in a blizzard and it's very resistant to puncture type wounds and is padded on the elbows and knees more to reduce the chance of scraping yourself." Ryan said with a chuckle. "The suit itself is more resistant to the extreme cold than the other suits and has pouches designed to store mining gear and other pieces of equipment."

Yang thought for a moment before saying "I'll take the Archaeological suit. I don't work well with the cold at all and you know this place better than me so I need to be able to be easier to spot."

"Hmmm smart choice. Oh yea you can also customize your suit if you want too."

"I can?"

"Sure it's your suit. I mean check mine out."

Ryan pulled his suit from the rack so Yang could see it. The suit had a large amount of claw marks and a few bullet like marks on the armor making it look like it should be on the wall in an old veteran's home rather than still serving in combat. The suit also had some faded paint to it. Instead of the casual green, which was the standard color of the Legionary suit, the suit had been painted a slight grey color and had a wolf logo spray painted on the left shoulder pad.

"Cool. Did you do this yourself?"
"Yea. The guys said I have a knack for customizing things so they asked me to paint their armor. I can do the same with yours I just need a description of what you want so I don't mess things up." Ryan said already getting out a small note pad I'm from his fatigue pants.

"Yea sure but I'm ok with the color already I just want you to put this symbol on the left shoulder pad it make it yellow. I want the orange on the arms to be grey with the pants." Yang said as she pointed out her symbol on her shirt which was a black flaming heart on her shirt. "Sure sounds simple enough." Ryan said with a smile. "Ok sure cowboy don't get to crazy." "I'll try my best ma'am." Ryan said with a small salute and Yang laughed with Ryan.

Yang then thought of something "Wait, isn't that suit designed for guys?"
Yang asked. "Na it adjusts to the users gender so you shouldn't have to worry about that when you step into the kiosk." Yang gave Ryan an odd look.

"Its the machine at the entrance. It's called a Suit Kiosk. It automatically fits you into a suit quickly so you don't have to. Sure you can do it manually but it takes awhile with all the straps and release modules and stuff." Ryan explained.

"Oh ok. Also when are we going to deal with the dust we have?" Yang asked.

Ryan thought for a moment before saying "From what I heard the scientists were not only working on a teleporter but also a way to communicate to the place the teleporter well teleported." Ryan explains "But it's in another section to the facility. No doubt the place will be crawling with the bastards. So we will need to make this a quick grab and go."

"So how big is the device?" Yang said fearful of the answer.

"It's about as big as a briefcase. Thank god." Ryan said muttering that last part under his breath as Yang was also thankful of the answer.

"Alright then how about after we get geared up and go get it."

"Sounds like a plan." Said Ryan smiling, picking up his Bullpup rifle and cocking it.