Part One

[Flinn Matthews on the right. (--->)

Vote and comment.]

PART ONE

It started when I hit my age of puberty; the feeling that I was being watched. Wherever I was, whatever I was doing, whomever I was with, I always felt a pair of piercing eyes watching my every move.

You might think it bothered me, but no. I actually felt safer. Like, I’d never get hurt as long as his yellow orbs were somewhere out there, tirelessly watching over me.

So now you were most likely be wondering how and why on the face of earth did I know he's a he and his eye color was like that. Dreams, people. Dreams.

It’s a little bit weird, though. Well, okay, it was a lot weird because it happened every night. Mind you. Every. Night. But the weirdest part there was, was that it only lasted for a few seconds. And everytime I’d woke up I was always sweating a lot and panting and my heartbeat was in a race and yeah, I couldn't go back to sleep again. You bet an alarm clock was useless in my case.

That recurring dream of mine, like I said, only lasted for a few seconds. I figured out that my somewhat like a protector was a guy because of his voice. In my dream, everything was pitch black. Just, pitch black. And then a pair of eyes, those I described earlier, would snap open as if the owner of those astonishing orbs was just standing right in front of me, along with his voice repeating only the words, ‘Til we meet again, love.’ And then, that’s it. Poof. I’d wake up, never failing to leave me dazed and puzzled like crazy.

Obviously, I had been dying to meet him. I would even sacrifice blood or a kid or a virgin or half of my life if that was what it takes for us to personally meet. Uhh, I wasn’t that serious on the kid and virgin part. I didn’t want to go that far but yeah, you get the point.

Sometimes I practically forced myself to sleep to the extent that I even took sleeping pills at times that I had trouble sleeping, just so I could hear and see him again. But, as you can see, I still had no luck ‘til now.

“FLINN! DINNER’S READY!” Oh yeah, if it’s still not obvious enough, that was my Mom. Yay. Really, what’s with mothers and their yelling?

I dragged myself off my bed and checked myself out in the mirror for a bit before I went downstairs. I went back to my room before I even started with the stairs though, because I forgot my jacket and my keys. My family was already in the kitchen, ready for dinner, when I got there. By family, I meant my parents, and an unborn brother in my mother’s womb.

“Sorry, guys. I'm up for a party tonight. I can't back out,” I said straight to the point.

Their heads snapped up to my direction, disappointment and sadness clearly visible in their eyes, and I couldn't help but feel guilty. Dad was shaking his head slowly while Mom’s shoulders slightly dropped. They sighed after a while though and nodded. I hugged them both and whispered thanks and then, I was out of the house.