Vingt-sept

Hospital

Eliza

Eliza : Philip and Catherine Schuyler please!

Nurse : They're still on the operating room. Do you know the little boy they're with?

Alex : He's our son! Is he okay? Is he alive?

Nurse : He's on room 107. Stable but still unconscious.

Eliza : Alright. Thank you!

We went to room 107 and when I saw my son I completely broke down.
He's on the bed with a cast on his left arm and a bandage on his forehead. I sat down next to him and hugged him as tight as I can.

 I sat down next to him and hugged him as tight as I can

Eliza : My baby...

Alex : Why'd you hide him from me?

Alex said while crying.

Eliza : Do you really think this is the best time to talk about that?

Alex : Yes! Because I also want to hug him right now. And I want to do it with no questions running in my mind. So why'd you do it?

Eliza : Because I don't want to get in your way!

Alex : What do you mean?

Eliza : You're studying law, you had a girlfriend and I can see you're clearly happy with your life. I can see that you don't need me and a child in your future.

Alex : If you told me sooner then we could've work things out.

Eliza : Like what? I get him weekdays you get him on weekends? That's not how I want my son to grow up! Seeing his parents fighting over him?

Alex : But you want him to grow up without a father?!

Eliza : I want him to grow up knowing that I loved his father so much that I had let him be happy!

Silence was filling the room.

Alex : Do you think I wouldn't be happy if I have him?

Eliza : I think that you're life could be better. You don't need a girl and a son in your life in such a young age.

Alex : Seeing as your the girl, then I do need you! Knowing that I'll be a father and be having you by my side, I need that!

Eliza : Couldn't you at least see it from my perspective?

Alex : I do! I understand that you just want me to fulfill my dreams. I understand that you took that sacrifice just for me. But what about you? Don't you want to fulfill your dreams too?

Eliza : How can I fulfill it when you're one of it?!

Again, silence.

Alex : Eliza-

Eliza : I still love you okay?! I never stopped loving you! And seeing Philip everyday makes it hard for me to stop! I don't mind being alone in raising Philip! I don't mind all the questions he's going to ask about you. What I do mind is you not being satisfied with you life. Alex, I know who you are and I know that if you've been there from the start you would want another life.

Alex : All I want is to be there for my son. I never had a father figure, you know that Eliza. You also know that if ever I have a child I wouldn't be like my father! Eliza, for once stop being selfless when it comes to me!

Eliza : I wish I could stop. But I just love you that much. If being there for him would make you happy, then you're most certainly welcome in his life. I just wished that you'd be satisfied. With him, and me tagging along.

Minutes later, a doctor knocked at the door.

Doctor : Ms. Elizabeth Schuyler? Can we speak to you?

Eliza : Uhm sure... But can we do it inside the room, I don't want to leave my son.

Doctor : Okay... We're sorry, we tried so hard to do everything we can.

Eliza : What do you mean?

Doctor : You're parents didn't make it.

And just like that I started to cry hysterically. I can feel someone hugging me, trying to calm me down, then after a few seconds I fainted.

Four hours later

Alex : You're awake!

Eliza : What happened- wait, I already remember.

Alex : Are you okay?

Eliza : Yeah-

Gee : I came as soon as I heard!

Gee barged in the hospital room. We all just stared at him.

Gee : And this is the soonest. What happened?

Peggy : Well, as you can see Philip is still unconscious after the accident. And Eliza fainted after the news that her parents died.

Gee : Aww Eliza. I'm so sorry.

Eliza : It's fine. I'll just mourn for about four days and I hope I'll get over it.

Gee : Want me to call your grandparents for you?

Eliza : Could you please?

Gee : Of course, I'll be right back.

Then he walked out of the room.

Angelica : We'll leave and get you guys some clothes and food. Update us while we're gone okay?

Eliza : Yes, promise.

John : Take care you guys!

And now it's just me, Alex and my son in the room. We're both staring at him.

Eliza : He looks like just you.

Alex : Yeah. Thank you.

Eliza : For what?

Alex : Everything.

Eliza : You're welcome.

/|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\

A/N : Chapter 27 for all of you! Hope you liked it ❤️