Silent Tears {Chapter 12}

Chapter 12 ~ Silent Tears

Ariel's POV

            I roamed the empty streets of Paris. Just like the feeling in my heart, empty. I missed Jacob. I needed his protection. His warm arms bringing me in. I miss it.

           I miss how he'd pull me into him as we slept.

           I miss how he'd try to make me breakfast before he'd go to work.

          I miss how he'd call me up when he was at work to check up on me.

         I miss his smile.

        I miss his laugh.

        I miss him.

I decided I'd give him a call. But I don't want to bother him. Please, I'm his girlfriend. I can call him fifty times a day and he won't be bothered by it. Or at least he won't tell me. Well, he better not.

I guess one call won't hurt.

I lazily pulled out my phone from my back pocket, where it was warmly sandwiched in my jeans. I punched in his number, which I had proudly memorized and called him.

"Hey, babe." Jacob sounded as if he was sleeping. I checked the time. It was 7:10 AM. That means it is exactly 6:10 AM right now. And I just  woke his up when he has work in an hour. Oops.

"Hey, Jacob! I'm so sorry, I didn't realize what time it is! I know you have work in an hour! Go back to sleep! Sorry, Jake!" I said, a little too fast.

And right before I hung up, I heard him say. "Wait, no, baby. I was going to wake up now anyway. What's up? Are you okay?" He's always worrying. I smiled slightly.

"Everything's fine. I just couldn't sleep so I decided to take a walk. And, I wanted to hear your voice. I miss you, Jacob." I felt silent tears streaming down my face.

"Baby, I miss you too. But I know you wouldn't call me so early in the morning just to hear my voice. What's wrong?" He asks once again.

"I'm just feeling a tad home sick, is all. I miss everyone. I miss you. Kate and I got into a little argument and I have no one to talk to." I say. It's not only Kate I had a fight with.

"Aw, babe, I'm sorry. But I'm sure the both of you will make up. You're best friends, don't let a silly fight get in between you guys. Now, I want you to go back to the hotel, where you're safe, because I'm worried as fuck something might happen to you. And when she wakes up, talk to her. You're in Paris! You should be having the time of your life! You shouldn't be talking to me! Look, babe I love you. I know, I fall in love fast. But with you it feels natural. I don't want to make it seem like I'm pressuring you, so you don't have to say it because of me. Run at your own pace, babe. I'll still be standing there for you at the end of the finish line. Okay?"