Choosing Him.

Hey guys! Welcome to my new story project, Choosing Him.

This story, I openly admit, is inspired by Taylor Swift’s songs. If you don’t like that, freely leave. Basically, I was listening to some old Swiftie songs and I realized that they would all make amazing stories. Then I thought, why not make a Taylor Swift song-themed story?

The whole story is themed around one song – The Way I Loved You; but each chapter will be centred around a particular song, which gives me endless amounts of ideas and inspiration.

I will also admit that this story will come across as a bit (or, a lot!) cliché at first, but I promise that there are some big twists planned!

I’d also like to take this time to thank the fabulous user lverlaine for the darling cover! Thanks, sweetie!

The Prologue’s song is If This Was A Movie, so without further ado..

..enjoy! :-)                     

~*~*~*~

[0] Prologue; If This Was A Movie

“I was playing back a thousand memories, baby,

Thinkin' 'bout everythin' we've been through;

Maybe I've been goin' back too much lately,

When time stood still and I had you..

Come back, come back, come back to me like,

You would, you would if this was a movie;

Stand in the rain outside,

'Til I came out..

Come back, come back, come back to me like,

You could, you could if you just said you're sorry;

I know that we could work it out somehow,

But if this was a movie you'd be here by now.”

                                                                                    [If This Was A Movie; Taylor Swift]

“Lorna, I’m moving.”

Three simple words, twelve letters. Those three words would haunt me forever, as my perfect world crumbled around me, walls shattering like glass.

I refused to meet his eyes. Of all the days he could have chosen, he chose our six month anniversary as an official couple? “When?” I asked softly, as the tears began to drip down my face, soaking into my hair and dress.

He sighed, face cast down. “Saturday -- tomorrow. Lorna, I’m so sorry, I...”

“It’s not your fault,” I replied quietly, wiping my tears carefully away, hoping my make-up hadn’t run down my face in horrible streaks. “Why are you moving?”

“Dad got offered a job, and Mom just wants a clean slate after Grandma’s death. It was a win-win,” he replied, stepping closer. He reached out a hand and lifted up my chin, bringing my eyes to his. “I don’t want to move, Lorni.”  

His eyes pierced me, and I knew the sadness hidden there echoed my own. It was slightly strange to see those entrancing eyes, always filled with mischief and cheekiness, to look so crestfallen and sad. Slowly, I brought my lips up to his softly, pulling away after a second. I let my forehead rest upon his, squeezing my eyes shut to avoid more tears spilling.

“I love you, Lorna Vaughan.”

“I love you more, Nate Greenstone.”

Nate left the next day, leaving me heartbroken and alone.