Chapter 5

Just forget it, I'm fine.

///

I rounded the corner to see what was happening. Wish I ran the goddamn other way. A girl with sandy blonde hair that glowed bright pink under the fluorescent lights was stabbed by someone in front of her. Blood trickled from her mouth and she tumbled to the ground. I watched as the lights left her blue eyes. It was so horrifying that I could not express how it felt. She fell and laid limp on the floor. A dark, thick liquid spilled from the hole in her chest. Shit. Fuck. No. I looked at the person who stabbed her and suddenly I was paralysed by fear.

"Hey Selena," said the person in all black.

It was a man. Fuck. How did he know my name? He came over to me and pulled me away from the road so no one could see us if they walked passed. I began to shake.

"Selenatinez, from Instagram and Twitter," he said, getting close to me.

I didn't say anything. What was there to say?

"And I saw you with Simon at the match today," he continued. "Happy birthday," he whispered, breathing on my neck.

"Please don't hurt me," I said softly.

"Now why would I do that?" he said, touching my cheek.

I whimpered and his deep, throaty laugh echoed through the alleyway. I just wanted to be back with Simon and my girls. He brushed the knife across my cheek lightly. The cold blade and fear made me shiver.

"Can you let me go?" I asked softly, trying to be calm.

"Well, pretty girl, yes," my heart skipped.

"But not without a deal," he said, my hopes lowering significantly.

"You're not going to tell anyone about this baby girl. Not a single soul. Or I will do the same thing to you and all of your friends. And meet up with me right here, this time next week. Deal?" he said in a threatening tone.

"Yes," I said softly.

"Ok. See ya later, love," he said, trailing his hands down my waist then moving towards the dead girl.

Did a murderer just lowkey feel me up? And why did he just let me go so quickly? I watched as the murderer pulled the girl's body away, deeper into the darkness of the alley way with a trail of blood following them. Suddenly, as everything went quiet and I was all alone, all of my fear hit me. I heard a few footsteps come back my way from where the murderer was. And then I just ran. I ran to the Sidemen house because no way in hell was I letting that guy know where I live. But then he'll know where the boys live. FUCK! But that didn't stop me from running. I don't think I could stop running if I wanted to.

I got to the front door and knocked on it rapidly. JJ opened the door with a surprised smile.

"JJ can you let me in? I think someone is following me," I said softly.

"Come in," he said, basically dragging me inside.

He shut (slammed) the door closed and locked it. Simon, Vik and Josh came to the front room. I ran up to Simon and pulled him into a hug. The adrenaline lowered and fear kicked in again. I had just seen a murder. The murderer threatened me. What if I didn't run? But he said he wasn't going to hurt me...

"Selena, why the fuck would someone be following you?" JJ asked.

"Someone's following you?" Simon asked, angrily.

I nodded slightly into his chest. He let go of me and went towards the door. I grabbed him and pulled him back. If the murderer followed me here then he might do the same thing to the boys that he did to the girl in the alleyway.