CHAPTER 1

CHAPTER 1:

I shudder at the memory from 2 years ago. That was the last party I ever attended.

Calling comes from my one of my best friend's rooms. I shared a relatively large apartment with my two best friends, Grace and Nellie.

"What?" I shout with annoyance at the early time.

"Get dressed because we are going on a road trip," Nellie responds loudly.

I groan. My feet carry me to the kitchen and I pour myself a cup of tea. As I mix in a small spoonful of honey, Nellie explains to me that we are going to a high school reunion back in Minnesota where we used to live. Thank god it's summer because I would never go there again if it was fall or winter. Wait! Did she just say high school reunion?

"No no no and no. I will never go to a high school reunion in a million years, Nellie! You know what happened and if Harry fucking Styles happens to show up-"

She interrupts me saying, "That was so long ago and now that he is famous and stuff he wouldn't go to a stupid high school reunion."

Nellie makes a good point but I still am not convinced considering that he has or had pictures of me at one point that are so regrettful. Harry used to remind me all the time during senior year about those pictures. My high school experience was terrible and there was no way I wanted to relive it.

"What is everyone talking so loudly about?" Grace asks in a groggy voice as she ruffles her tangled brown hair.

Grace was always sleeping in and Nellie was always waking up early. I admired Grace's carelessness and Nellie's responsibility but I wasn't at all like them. These girls were my two best friends and we've stuck together for so long. Nellie and Grace went to elementary school together and I met them both in middle school. We continued our friendship through high school and we now have an apartment that we share.

"Fine," I say. "Let's just get this over with."