The Girl Code (Watty Awards 2012)

Rule #1 - The Name Game:

If you change boyfriends so fast they rarely achieve name status, a man must be around for at least six weeks before you make your friends bother to learn his first name. Until such time, he should be referred to as “The boy” or “That guy”.

Rule #2 - Mr 'Right Now':

All girls must have a “Mr.Right Now”. This is the guy friend who is always ready and available to hang out with you, and may or may not like you as more than a friend. He is always ready to party till dawn, and do things you wish you didn’t remember in the morning. He’s not “Mr. Right,” but he may be good enough to be “Mr. Right Now.”

Rule #3 - One Example Only:

If you just met a guy and know absolutley nothing about him, but need to refer to him during ‘girl talk’ you use one example of who he is, something he has, or what he does, and he becomes… that guy.

(Ex. “The Camaro guy”, “The Trainer dude”, “The Four a.m. in the Taxi Guy”)

Rule #4 - Numbers:

Every girl must wait at least a day and a half before calling a guy whose number she has retreived.

Rule #5 - The Ex Factor:

You are never in any case to date a friends ex or a guy who she was really into.

Exception: If he’s one of those guys who every girl likes.

Rule #6 - Nod, Don't Diss:

You are to never diss a friends boyfriend except to agree lightly or nod when she says he’s being a asshole. In most cases it is easier to nod.

Exception: If a guy cheated or dumped your friend is is exceptional for you to claim he isn’t good enough, and that she deserves better as well as reminding her that he was an asshole anyway.

Rule #7 - BFB (Best Friend's Brother):

If you wan’t to date a friend's brother it is required that you get said friend's permission.

Rule #8 - 3:

No girl is to ever hang out with the boyfriend of a friend without the friend present. If permission to is granted their should be at least 3 other people with you.

Rule #9 - Love of Your Life:

No girl may have more than one ‘Love of her Life’ at one time, though having a boyfriend and a ‘Love of her Life’ is fine.

Rule #10 - Scents and Clothing:

No girl shall wear the same outfit or perfume as a friend if they will knowingly be in the same place.

Rule #11 - Credit Cards Away:

No girl shall purchase a distinctive item of clothing which she is aware her friend owns without express permission from the friend.

Rule #12 - "I was just borrowing it!":

No girl shall borrow an item of clothing without asking the clothing owner’s permission, unless both parties have made an official decision to waive this rule in the context of their friendship.

Rule #13 - An Eye for an Eye:

An eye for an eye and a foot for a foot. If a friend borrows an item of clothing and destroys it, said friend must re-pay it.