Sneaking Out

*(Skylar's P.O.V)*

I have about 3 hours until the concert and I still need to get ready. I run quickly upstairs, careful not to disturb my father's nap, grab my clothes, and jump into the shower. I quickly wash my hair. As I rinse my hair out, I think about how I will sneak out. I have a plan. Since I live in a one-story house, I'm just going to go out my window because I can't risk making any noise with our squeaky front door. I smiled to myself and continued with my shower. I step out of the shower, and realize I forgot a towel. Shit. I open my door and quietly tip-toe to the hallway closet where the towels are located when I suddenly run into an unfamiliar man.

He's wearing all black and something about him seems very odd and threatening. I look up, terrified, to see his face. He has a weird smile... "We're going to have some fun," he suddenly growls. "DAD!" I shriek, terrified. My father casually walks up the stairs, and once he gets to the top he looks me straight in the eye and says, "I need more money. So you and Bill here are going to go have some fun. If I hear one noise out of you, I will kill you." I try to get the word 'stop' out, desperate to save myself. But I'm too scared.

Bill yanks me into my room and throws me onto my bed. I punch and kick, desperately trying to keep him off me. I don't dare to make any noise. I am so scared that I just pass out, and everything goes black.

I wake up, squinting in the bright light. I lay there for a bit, trying to think of a reason why my father valued alcohol over his child. Trying to think of a reason why I deserved to be raped. I can't believe it happened. I feel so disgusting, so worthless, so dirty. 'Nobody should have to go through this kind of torture. Why is this happening to me? I feel so alone. It must be because mom died,' I think. 'If she was here, I wouldn't have to go through this. I wouldn't be beaten until I passed out. I wouldn't have to feel the sharp blade slicing through my skin and I wouldn't have to see all the blood that I am causing myself to lose. My life would be so much better. Everything would be okay.'

I continue to think about how much better my life would be if my mom was here. Everything would be different. There wouldn't be beatings. She always treated me kindly. She would never lay a finger on me, let alone beat me. Sure, she would yell at me sometimes, but it was for a good reason. Only if I had disobeyed her or done something terrible. She would be there to help if I was hurt, but my asshole of a father never is. He never was. Suddenly, it hit me. The BVB concert!

I quickly get up to look at the clock. I still have time to get there! I run into the bathroom and tease my hair, put on my makeup, and get dressed in a BVB hoodie and skinny jeans. When I leave to go back into my bedroom, I have just enough sense to make sure that I am very quiet and that I don't hear Bill or my father downstairs. I pause, listen for a second, and when the coast seems clear I run back to my room and lock my door.

Once I get to the window, I quickly pull on my converse and open the window. I stop for just a second to smile to myself, thinking, 'I can't believe this is happening.' Then I crawl out my window and pull it closed behind me. It's very dark out, and I have a feeling that something bad is going to happen.

As I quickly run through the streets, my left shoe comes untied. I don't realize it until it's too late, and I fall on my head. The last thing I remember is seeing someone who looks quite a lot like Ashley Purdy. Then everything goes black.

{AN} Hi c; How do you guys like the story so far? If you want, comment what you think of it.

Bye :p