Taken

I woke up briskly and looked down from the tree on which I was perched.  I am about 50 feet up in the air , I must have fallen asleep after running... running deep into the woods.  I feel so hurt, I feel worthless, discared like a piece of garbadge.  My own mother just told me she didnt love me... the one person I yearned to see just told me "That can't be my daughter"... the words echoed in my head.  I was so consumed in my thoughts that I didn't hear the rustling of the leaves, nor did I see the looming figures which appeared at the base of the tree. 

   I screeched when I saw the group of dark yet... beautiful creatures beneath me, beautiful that is what Aunt Alice used to tell me before... not now i need to find out who and what these creatures are. 

"Hello?" I whispered.

Slowly the one in the front lowered the hood of their cloak revealing a shocking young woman with blonde hair and red cold eyes.  Sadly her eyes although scary attracted me,  I need to find out who she is and what she wants. 

"Hello little one,  what are you doing up so high?"

I peered at her for a moment seeing nothing threatening in her stare, I am going to trust her.

"Running away"

"Someone as young as you shouldn't be alone in the forest"

"I am not young, I am already four days old"  I huffed as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Four days?" She asked while raising an eyebrow.

"Yes" I replied smugly, what did she think, that I was just a newborn I'm am not as small as my twin... I can't even say her name,  she took my momma away from me and that is unforgivable. 

Another cloaked figure lifted his hood from his head.  "Hello, child. My name is Aro. What is yours?"

I hesitated a moment before answering Aro. "My name is... Rosalice."

"Why don't you come down so we can speak on even terms my dear"

I swiftly jumped from the tree and landed as gracefully as one of the dancers Aunt Alice would watch on the t.v.  I smiled gleefully as the lady and Aro looked at me shockingly.  I this is what I deserved, to be the center of attention, not the second that no one wants.  I watched as slowly a smile appeared on Aro's face, he whispered something into the lady's ear, all I heard were bits and phrases, "Jane, potential, special".  Was he talking about me? The lady must be Jane but did he say those things about me.  Does he thing I'm special that, I have potential?  

"Rosalice, have you ever noticed something special about you?"

I thought about it and then I realized.

"I like fire and water."

"Interesting. why don't you come with us and spend the night."  he said extending his hand.

Cautiously I extended my own and grabbed on to his.  In mere seconds I was wisked away to somewhere beautiful, somewhere that for some reason felt comforting like home.

A/N

Rosalice's name is pronounced Rose-a-lice. 3 votes?

~wingedwolf