Chapter 1

Silence.....not a sound, drowning in this pain of my life. Then snap, a branch being snapped could be heard in the distance. I started to run as I hear howling behind me. I was running from my failures, my disgrace.

       I fell down, my foot breaking after the initial impact, and the other getting snagged by a tree root. As the wolves howls stopped I shallower my breathing so I could determine where they were, but gave up. I lied there for what seemed like hours. Occasionally saying to myself, 'I'm already dead aren't I?' Waiting was the worst part.

               Then they found me and started gnawing at my flesh, ripping it off bit by bit. It was agony I couldn't bare it any longer the blood loss was too great. Then I got picked up by a human. After that it's all blank... everything was a blur.

        I woke up and tried to sit up, but a voice said.
       "easy now, don't over exert yourself. You took a nasty fall, there. If I hadn't gotten you before the wolves you might have died." The voice trailed off, there was something vaguely familiar about it. Almost as if the voice was from my past.

      I managed to sit up. The wounds were all gone but a strange scar- no it wasn't a scar, it was a brand. It looked like a Native American tribal....it looked like a wolves paw, Keltic in nature.

      "I remember.... a females voice...... " I managed to mumble under my breath. Thinking no one heard me saying it.

"You remember my voice most likely," the vague voice said as she popped out from the shadow of the room I was In.