4//New Home Bound

I woke up with the crunching of the leaves behind me and the sun in my eyes.

Things before seemed almost peaceful. Then it dawned on me that the leaves crunching were foot steps and there were voices....voices calling my name.

I turn around and sat up. There stood my brother. So I breathed a sigh of relief, well until all of his no good buddies, including Nate, stepped into view.

Not liking them in this place, I glared at my brother for bringing them here.

Nate approached me slowly as if not to provoke me and I smirked. "Nova please just tell us what's wrong. Maybe I can help." His concern sent butterflies to my stomach but an emotionless laugh escaped my lips. My brother how ever had a knowing expression across his features.

Some small part of me wanted to trust them. To trust him. But what could they possibly do?

But all it was, was a diversion. I turned around only to be thrown over nicks shoulder. Another friend in my brothers little posse.

They knew very well I wouldn't trust them. It was simply just a diversion.

I punched his back repeatedly and screamed, but it was useless. I knew I should have participated when I took gym class.

"I guess she really is your sister. This girl is mean!"

Nate didn't seem as convinced. "If you can't take it wimp, let me hold her." A blush crossed my cheeks and he smirked.

Before I even realized what was happening, Nick set me down on my feet and Nate approached. So me being the smart one, I ran. I began following the stream East, following the sunrise to an old tree house I once had.

But I still only managed to get a couple feet away before getting tackled by Mars. What is it with brothers and the mastered ability to be a nuisance.

"Please just stop running for a split second will ya. I know about dad already.....I.... I came out of the school yesterday to take you home because I knew that you had found out too.

Nate and I have been friends even before he went to our school. There is a reason I moved out. Nate, the rest of the boys, and I, we're....we're part of a gang. I've come to take you to meet them. You're gonna live with us now."

I just stayed silent and glared at him. I sat down in criss-cross apple sauce like in pre-school and refused to move.

"Oh come on! Can't you be a little less difficult?"

"Let me think about it. Hhmmm.... how about....no."

Nate just laughed and threw me over his shoulder.

"Really?! I'll have you know I'm not a rag doll!"

At that statement they all just kind of chuckled at me. I let out a sigh of frustration and awaited whatever I had in store for my future.

All though I couldn't help but admire the view from where I was sitting....what? A girls got a right! They'd be blind not to enjoy this view.