Chapter 20

Harry pov

"We gotta call Marta" Louis says.

"What can she do?" Niall asked.

"Maybe she can give him his life back or something"

"Oh"

I stood in the background in shock. Zayn couldn't be dead, he just couldn't.

"Marta will be here in an hour or so" Louis said after calling Marta. I sat and comforted Liam in the basement. He didn't want to leave Zayns lifeless body. At least Louis was allowed to move the body to the bench where Harry had been tied up just a little time ago. I and Liam where sitting in chairs besides the bench. Liam was holding Zayns hand in one hand and my hand tight in his other.

"He can't be gone" he mumbled. He was crying and sobbing.

"But, don't you vampires live for ever and restore yourselves automatically?" I asked.

"Normally. But this was something different. There was something in Eleanor's spell... I don't know, but he is not healing!" Liam was desperate in his voice. I looked at Zayns body again. He was right. He was not healing. Zayns normally brown toned skin was now pale, and there was no sign of life at all.

"But maybe Marta is able to heal him. All hope isn't lost" I said. I tried to give him hope but I was scared too. I didn't know Zayn too well but I defiantly didn't want to loose him.

"I hope you're right" Liam whispered.

 After an hour and a half the basement door was opened and in a blink Marta was beside the bench.

"go out, I need to concentrate alone" she said.

"Com li..." I began

"No! I'm not leaving him!" Liam shouted.

"Let her work" I said calmly. I tried to pull him with me, but he didn't move an inch. Instead he pushed me away so I fell. Right before I hit the ground, Louis had caught me and placed me on my feed.

"I'll get Liam out" he said. I walked up the stairs, and after a little while, with loud protest from Liam, Louis had managed to get him out. Now we were sitting in the living room, drinking tea. 

"He's gone" Liam mumbled

"It's gonna be okey. The most powerful witch in the world is taking care of him" I said.

"By the way, what happened to Eleanor?" Liam asked.

"Er... Didn't you know? I thought I told you that Niall brought Eleanor's body out to burn it. He should be back soon." Louis said.

"Oh..."

We sat in silence for a long time, and after two hours Niall had come back and Marta came up when we all sat by the table, still in silence.

"Liam. I have good and bad news... What first?" Marta looked sad.

This can't be good.

"Bad news first" Liam said. Marta took a deep breath.

"I couldn't save Zayn... He is gone" Marta lowered her head.

A sound, it wasn't a scream but at the same time it was, filled with so much pain that my heart stringed escaped Liam's mouth. Louis put his arms around him as he began to scream and fight.

"What's the good news?" Niall asked when Liam had calmed a little and was crying into Louis chest. He looked up at her.

"The good news is that his soul will live on here on earth, and find a new body. You're gonna meet him again. You were meant to be, and that's what the destiny wants." Marta said. 

A glimpse of hope was seen in Liam's eyes.

"Will he remember me?" Liam asked.

"Unfortunately no. When we get reborn is it because the world will give us a chance to live again. Call it a second chance. So the soul will have memories from its earlier life, but it can not remember in a human form, but they are there" she explained. Liam looked a little disappointed.

"But you're gonna see him again, and your love will bloom again. That I promise you. I don't know when, but it will happen"

On that note she went back and began to pack her things.

Liam was in shock and was now just staring into the wall.

"Niall. We should get Zayn's body burned..."

"No! Don't touch him!" Liam yelled.

"Liam, you know we have to do it" Niall said.

Liam's teeth came out and he jumped at Niall.

"Don't you dare touch him!" Liam tried to bite Niall neck while Louis tried to pull him away.

" Liam!" Marta's strong voice was heard. She was holding her bags, but dropped them when she saw Liam who had turned his head to look at her. He let go of Niall and ran towards Marta

"Marta watch out!" I yelled. She just pointed at Liam and whispered something.

Liam's eyes widened before they closed and he collapsed on the floor.

"What did yo..." I began but Marta cut me of.

"Sleeping spell. He is asleep, and when he wakes up you need to be there for him, because he is going to be really sad. Make sure he eats even though he might not want to"

"Okey. Thank you so much for your help" Louis said. 

"No problem my friend" Marta smiled. Then she hugged all of us and then left.

The next thing that happened was Louis who carried Liam to his room.

"No, place him in my room. I don't think he'll be too happy to wake up in the room he shared with Zayn" Niall said.

"Agree" Louis changed direction and walked into nails room.

Niall carried Zayns body out, and I followed him. Louis came soon after.

"So I guess this is good bye pal." Niall mumbled to Zayn as he began to light the fire.

I began to sob silently, and Louis pulled me close.

 Niall stood besides us, and we all watched as Zayns body become a red ash