Wanted [2] [McCree x ♀️Reader]

This is the second part of the previous oneshot that I wrote about McCree, which was also called "Wanted".

Jesse McCree: McCree

Jesse led you through the town, his hand still entwined with yours. In his other hand, he was twirling his revolver in his hand, which only had three bullets in it, where it would normally have six if that man hadn't attacked Jesse and you. He had hit Jesse in the arm with a bullet, and although the cowboy insisted that it was only a scratch, you still couldn't help but glance his way every few moments to make sure that it was. However, every time that you looked over, you were greeted by the same image of a small pinkish-red spot on his bare arm. Fortunately for him, it was indeed, just a simple scratch; there wasn't even any blood except for a few sparkling red droplets.

He was still walking along the path, a grin on his face, hardly even noticing that he'd nearly been hit, well, technically he had been nicked, by a bullet a few moments ago. You admired this about him, he'd just faced danger, and had left unfazed, while you were still attempting to shake the memory of him almost dying from your mind. Currently, all that you hoped for was that this secret that he wanted to show you so badly would be worth it, and that it would be able to clear these troubles from your mind. It was certainly reassuring that he seemed bent on showing you, because you had spent enough time around him to know that he was typically right about these sort of things.

Soon, the two of you had reached the edge of town, and as you approached the trees that lined the village, you could feel the air cool off, changing from the hot, dry air from the town, to the humid and cooler air that came from the forests. A breeze rustled through the leaves, shaking them as it rushed around the thick trunks of the trees. Suddenly, Jesse stopped in his tracks, and you turned to face him.

"Jesse, what's wrong?" You asked, casting a quick glance at the small cut on his arm, but it hadn't changed at all, and neither had the grin that was still on his lips.

"I just wanted to tell ya that it's not much further." He said, with his accent that you found absolutely adorable showing as he spoke. "But, I promise that this will be worth all this walkin'." He added, before putting his revolver back into its holster and using that hand to readjust his hat, which had begun to shift in the wind.

"It better be." You joked, and he smiled even wider at you, before continuing to lead you through the trees.

You stepped over fallen logs and old, cracked rocks as you continued your trek through the forest. Up ahead, you could even heard the rushing of a river. You were tempted to ask Jesse whether you could stop to go see it, but then decided against it; you'd rather see the secret that he had to show you instead of going to see some river in the middle of the forest. Then suddenly, something caught your eye, and you turned to find that the hat that Jesse always wore, the brown one with hints of gold, was being carried away by the breeze, with the cowboy looking after it with a hint of surprise.

You knew how much he cared about that hat, so you immediately untangled your hand from his and with a glance at him, you took off running after it. Jumping over obstacles in your way and skirting around tree trunks, your feet thumped against the forest floor as your arms flailed around in front of you, attempting to snatch the hat from the air, which had thus far eluded your grasp by just a few inches. Then suddenly, you burst through a clump of bushes, and grabbed the hat from the air, feeling the soft leather beneath your fingers. You looked up, and found that you had somehow made your way all the way to the river, which was rushing past your feet, glistening beneath the sunlight, just enough to make it sparkle, but still not too bright so that you could still see it's sandy bottom.