Chapter 1

It's a sunny afternoon here in my school. I kept on playing with my pocket-knife down the hall.

             I don't know, but it's been a hobby to me to play and bring knives with me every where.

            Whenever I don't have anything do, I always swirl and toss it. And still, none of my teachers know any about this. Maybe because I look innocent and tame.

            "Rachel".

            Courtney struts towards me. She whipped her straight blonde hair.

            "What's up?" I put back the pocket knife in my pocket.

            "Don't be surprised at my bad news for you"

            "Tell it, about what?"

           She sighed. "Clyde have another girl. I actually saw him earlier with her at the bus stop"

            At that point, I wanted to laugh. Really hard.

           First of all, Clyde is my first boyfriend, being a 16 years old. I love him so much. I almost gave him my everything.

           First kiss, and spilled all of my secrets to him. He's my first and my last. We pledged at each other to remain faithful and I trust him.

            "Courtney, he'll never do that to me" I smirked.

            "Fine. If you won't believe me" she shrugged.

          The bell finally rang, end of lunchbreak and we have to get back to our classrooms. I saw Clyde at the lockers, he noticed and walk towards me.

              "Babe" he greeted.

              "Hey," I smiled.  

          He's so handsome. His grayish eyes and his pointy nose matched perfectly on his soft reddish lips.

              "Meet ya' later at my house" he winked.

              "Why?"

             "I just missed you"

            "But we were together last night. Isn't that too long for you to miss me?"

            He stared at my eyes.

            "I meant, your lips. I miss the texture and the taste of it" he grinned.

            "Fine. I'll see you later at 7:30" I agreed then went in my classroom.

           I had a broken family. Which is probably the reason why I limit myself to sleep in our house every night. 

              Ever since I has Clyde, I think that my whole universe only revolves on him. He's my day. And at night, I always sleep beside him, thinking on what should I do with my mom.

               I always remember back when I was 3. I saw my mom washing the dishes and wiping her tears. I asked her what's the problem but she told me to shut up.

              I was a kid, so I'm into things that are for adult's privacy problems. I kept on asking why, why, why.

          Until I woke up, blood flooding down my face. She hit me with a plate and then I fell and unconcious.

          Starting that day, my bonding with my mom broke like on how the plates broke my left forehead.

              She didn't even help me to stand up or even got worried. She just left me alone, unconcious and bruised on the floor. 

                All I know is the reason why she cry like that...

                Dad left us.

                I don't know if he ran away with another woman or really don't care about our family.

                As I grow up, the only thing that makes me comfortable are knives, blades and cutters.

                Everytime I felt depression, I will just slash my left wrist by a blade or a knife.

              I don't even know or remember my father's face anymore. Who he really is and what is his physical characteristics. My mother already burn all of his photos. So I can't recall him anymore.