51.He Cheats, You're Pregnant, He Leaves, You Run Into Him 5Years Later PART3

Louis: “Yes, Noah, I’m your dad,” Louis replies to the small child, his eyes wide with excitement and wonder. The small child runs into Louis’ arms, wrapping his little arms around his new-found father’s neck. Louis strokes his light brown hair, “I have missed you so much, and I haven’t even met you before,” Louis cooed with tears starting to brim in his eyes.

You couldn’t stand to see this emotional scene unravel before your eyes; you began to cry as well. Louis brought you into an embrace, a big family-like hug. “Lou,” you say looking up at him, a tear rolling down his face. “I want you to be a part of Noah’s life now.” You pull away from his embrace and continue,”We can go talk to a lawyer and settle this. If you prove to me that you can be a father to him. We can discuss you having partial custody of Noah.” You wipe away the tears from your face as you try to be serious and adult-like in this situation. 

***

And that’s exactly what happened.

Liam: You could here Effie’s little voice carry on and on in the background as you were paying for the food. She was explaining in detail about her favourite princesses to Liam. He had stuck the right chord with Effie, she loved him instantly. Liam was watching you when you gestured them to the front exit. Once you were outside you spoke to him,”I’m sorry Liam, but we have to go and finish our errands…” you trail off, wondering what you were going to do now, that Liam knows he has a daughter.

"Look, [y/n], I want to-to make this work," Liam sets Effie on the ground next to you. "Can we perhaps, try again?" he ran his hands through his hair, preparing himself for any answer you may give him.

"I don’t know, Liam…" your eyes drift from him to your child. "How am I suppose to know if I can trust you anymore?"

"Because we have this," Liam softly strokes Effie’s hair. "Effie is my trust to you. I wouldn’t want to screw it up for her again. I promise, [y/n]."

***

Two years later you were married and had twins on the way.

Harry: "Mummy, who is that?" Bennett asks as Harry gazes at the site of his own son for the very first time.

"Um, well you know how I said that your fathe-" Ben cuts you off.

"Is he really me dad?! Is that him?!" his little voice squeaked out, making everyone in the waiting room glance up from their magazine and books they were reading.

"Please, sweetie, let’s go outside," you grab Bennett’s arm and drag him out of the office with Harry following right behind you.

"Hello, Bennett, I’m Harry," Harry puts his hand out in front of Ben. He takes his little hand in Harry’s and shakes it vigorously. "And you’re right, I’m your father." Harry smiles at the sound of his words coming out of his mouth. Bennett was all smiles, as well, grinning from ear to ear. You stand there with your hands on your hips, not knowing exactly how you were going to handle this situation.

"Harry, what, what’a we do?" you take a step back, trying to figure this all out in your head.

He looked into your eyes, “Like you said, we can just meet up for a tea or two and see what goes on from there.”

***

You kept Bennett full time, but Harry checked in occasionally and took Bennett to fish, play, or go to the zoo. He fulfilled a small portion of his fatherly duties, which was better than nothing. He called sometimes to catch up with Ben when he had a busy week. You ended up marrying another man a few years later.

Zayn: You looked at the time, you noticed you had to get back to the office and finish your project before tomorrow. “Zayn, I’m really, really glad we got to talk. But, I have to get back to the office. I’m already behind.” You grab a napkin and scribble your number on it quickly and slide it over to him. He looks up at you, his brown eyes telling you not to go. “Here’s my mobile. Call me tomorrow afternoon, please?”

"Anything. Anything for you, [y/n]," he said as he grabbed your hand once more. He gave it a squeeze as he looked into your eyes and then, let go of his grip. You turned toward the door, glancing over you shoulder for a quick second to give him a reassuring look.

***

He ended up calling you the next day and within a few months’ time, you moved in together. It has been a year since you met him at the cafe, and both of you are still not sure if you want to be in a relationship with each other again.

Niall: "No, Niall. I don’t think it is going to work. I just don’t see ho-," Niall interrupts.

"How? How do you know that it isn’t going to work? You haven’t even given me a chance!" his forehead crinkled into a frown.

"I gave you a chance. I gave it to you when we were dating! And you screwed it all up," you shook your head at him.

"But, it was just one night, [y/n]. I was drunk. It all happened so quickly and out of control!" Niall was losing patience with this conversation.

"Liv, come say goodbye to your father. I don’t think we will be seeing him any longer."