14. Forever is too long

After my talk with Alana, we leave the lab and make our way to lesson together. It's good to have my best friend back, at least now I can say I have a friend again. Me and Rikki are still not talking, which I suppose is a good thing, if she is going to total psycho bitch whenever she feels like it. Hang on. Thinking about that argument, I remember something. I got angry with Rikki for being friends with Alana. So One. How am I any better? And two. Why were they hanging out together.

"Hey, Alana." I say: "Why were you hanging out with Rikki?"

"Well, me and Rikki are still friends you know. Just like me and you!" 

"Oh, okay. By the way, sorry for being a bitch to you in french and stuff."

"Hey, it's alright, I kinda deserved it. But you know, despite the whole clown/slut outfit, I'm still the same Allie. Right?" She looks at me with her giant emerald eyes. In some ways she reminds me off Rapunzel from Tangled. With the beautiful blonde hair and the big green eyes. In any case, I can't stay mad at her, so I just nod and link arms with her. 

***

The afternoon goes so fast I hardly get a glimpse at it. Before I know it, I am walking home with my headphones in my ears. 

At around quarter to four, I am almost home, and am headbanging with My Chemical Romance blasting in my ears, my platinum hair swishing around me, desperately trying to break free of it's captivating pony-tail. The sun is beating down on my face, and I have already shed my denim jacket. My bag swings on one shoulder and I use it as an air guitar. With my eyes squeezed shut, headbanging in the middle of the street (Because I'm normal), is why I don't see it coming. It is just a normal car; a silver 4X4, and it stops just at the edge of the road, then rolls down its tinted windows. I realise there is someone there now, so stop headbanging and try to give the impression that I was walking normally, but I still have my iPod plugged in. From the car emerges a man, who is dressed normally, just in jeans and a red t-shirt, and he begins walking alongside me. I slow down, expecting him to overtake, but he stays next to me no matter what speed I go. In the end, I get sick of it. I turn to him, and am about to take out my headphones, when my wrist is stopped from ever reaching my ear, by a strong hand, holding it in mid air. I swivel my head round and am met by a piece of fabric being flung over my head. I try to scream but a hand is placed over my mouth through the -what I'm assuming to be- bag, so it is muffled. I wriggle and try to punch at nothing in particular, but the hands are too strong, and I am shoved roughly into the silver 4X4 that was parked a few metres up the road. My music was still playing in my ears, and the artist has changed now. Panic! at the disco is now playing the lyrics Bury me alive from This is Gospel. Comforting.

I can feel the car move beneath me, and normally the slow hum of the engine would have been enough to send me to sleep, but I am too scared for that. Instead, I try to call for help.

Alana!? I yell in my mind, but there is no answer. I try again and again, but every time I am met with a grey cloud of nothingness. After countless times, I decide to give up and try Alec.

Alec? Please answer, I am in really big trouble right now. I'm scared Alec. Please answer me. Please. I almost break down into tears mentally, but refrain from doing so, especially when I get a reply. But not through telepathy.

"Why are you scared?" A once soothing voice asks from next to me. No. No no no no no. Alec is the one doing this to me?

Because you've fucking kidnapped me! I tell him, my fear pumping through me like a drum beating. My heart rate is so fast, I feel like it is going to burst out of my chest.

"Your not scared because of that. It's something else, tell me." He says both harshly and calmly somehow.

I'm scared of you. Of your dad. I'm scared that I'm going to die Alec.