Till The Day I Die

As I walked into my second class, gym, I saw Jason waiting for me by the bleachers. Instead of walking to him I quickly started walking in the opposite direction, to Kyle.

“hey Kyle, whats up?” I asked, trying my hardest to be casual but there was a strain in my voice. If he heard it he didn’t show it though.

“ nothing much. Just chilling. Coach said today is a free day because of the game tonight.” He answered.

“ awesome, so you want to play some basket ball? Or are you too scared that I will beat you?” I taunted.

“ha like you could beat this” he motioned up and down his body with his hand. “ at his own game. You are such a fool.” He said while smirking. I will wipe that smirk right off his face this time. Hehe.

“bring it little boy! Go get the ball.” I ordered him.

He ran off to get a ball while I waited by the hoop.

“you havnt change at all. Your still the same angel I remember. The angel that loved challenges.” HE said right behind me. I felt a shiver run down my spine at his words.

“what do you want?” I asked a little too harshly, I didn’t mean it but this boy just causes me to feel stuff I don’t want to feel.

“ look, I just want to talk to you. And to appoligize to you. Please, just listen to me?” he said in a pleading tone.

I thought this over for a few seconds before reluctantly saying, “ fine but you have five minuets.”

“ten.” He countered.

“how about two?” I asked.

“five sounds fine.” He agreed quickly.

“ good that’s what I thought.” I said while walking toward a corner by the bleachers.

“ok start explaining.” I demanded.

“ first I want to apologize. I never should have been mean to you. And I never ever should have let you go. You were my life, angel. You ARE my life. And there wasn’t a day that went by that I didn’t think about you. Or worry about you. Or just wish with all my heart that things would have turned out differently.”

By the time he was finished I had tears in my eyes and my heart hurt. I had to blink a couple times to fight the tears from spilling over. “ ok then why did you leave? Why were we over? And why did you come back?” I tried to sound strong but my voice quivered.

~~~jason’s pov~~~

I had to tell her. I cant keep lieing to her all the time. Its killing me and I cant take it any more. But how do I tell her that her whole life is a lie. That she is not normal. Far from it actually. But I have to she needs to know and she needs to know what I am. And that im her mate. But I must keep her safe. And that means she cant know who or what she really is. At least not till she turns eighteen. But I can still tell her what I am and that’s exactly what im going to do.

“ ok you wanted to know why. But you have to promise one thing first.” I told her.

“ what?” she asked as hope flashed in her eyes.

“ you have to promise you wont freak out, tell anyone, and you have to listen to the whole story.” I explained to her.

She nodded vigorously in response.

“ Angel. You have to promise.” I pressed.

“ ok. Yes I promise.” She said.

I took a deep breath and prepared to tell my biggest secret. “ ok, when we were y-“ I started but was interrupted by her friend. Kyle I think his name was.

“ angel get over here I have a ball. Now prepare for the butt whooping of your life.” He taunted.

Great freaking timing.

“ angel we will continue this another time. Ok?” I asked. She only nodded her head in response then ran off to play ball.

Why do I always let her get away? God! I was so close.

‘calm down, there is no use in getting worked up about it. She is our mate and will always return to us’ my wolf told me.

‘but when I cannot stay away from her, and protect her at the same time. Its impossible.’ I repied.

While I was having my internal argument with my wolf, the bell for lunch rang and everyone left the gym quickly. I stayed behind. Im not hungry.

~~~~Angel’s pov~~~~

~~~~Lunch time~~~~

“haha I win!” Kyle yelled for the hundredth time.

“yeah I heard you the last hundred times” I said.

“well I thought you might wana here it again.” He said faking inocents.

“ well there is always next time and we will play softball instead of baseball.” I told him in a matter of fact tone.

“ no fair you know I cant play softball, im a basketball player.”

“well learn how ‘cause im going to kick your butt.” I said evily.

When we got to the caffiteria it was crowed as usualy. We went straight to our usual table. Everyone else was already there since the gym is on the other side of campus. I quickly scaned the cafiteria for jason but I didn’t see him. I wonder where he is he cant just skip lunch. Wait. Why am I worring about him? I don’t care about him at all hes a jerk and… and.. GRAWR!! Just forget him already. But I cant. I never could. I hope he is okay.

~~~jason’s pov~~~

I decided to take a run in the forest for the rest of lunch. I needed to calm down anyway. There was a forest near the school so I didn’t have to go very far. Once I shifted and my paws hit the forest floor I felt free. I loved running in wolf form it was so amazing. Every stress you had before is gone and replaced with the sents of the pine. But one thing remained on my mind. My mate. She wasn’t with me and it made me feel as if she was unprotected. Heaving a sigh of surnder. I shifted back and began to walk back to the school but befor I could leave the forest a dark inky shadow apeared in front of me. Blocking my way. A figure materialized in he shadow, it was a man. No older than myself. He had black hair with purple streaks, and lots of piercings.

“who are you?” I asked while getting in a defencive position.

“ you will not have her!” he said while chuckling darkly.

“ who the hell are you?!” I shouted then rushed at him. When I got to him he was gone just like he came. Nothing was left except for the inky shadow.

I quickly rushed out o the forest in fear for my mate. She was in danger, and I will protect her. ‘till the day I die.

 I started running back to the school. I will not let anything touch her. She is mine. And I will protect her with my life.