The Shop

I'm sure that when you think of shops, you think of lovely little buildings with pretty decorations and delicious food. But I can assure you that in Turkey, things were VERY different.
I saw the world through bars. I was in a small cage with nothing to do but watch the world happen without me. I could see around me many other caged cats. Sometimes, people would come and take the cat through to another room. But the cat would never come back. I don't know where they went. The days went by in that cage, but very slowly. I had a thin layer of straw underneath me and another cage above me. The straw was dusty and I think that is why I had an awful cough.

When they first bring cats here, they are screaming and crying, fighting the cage. But after a week, they realize that there is no hope. I did talk to the other cats. What else could I do? I met this nice cat once, I think her name was Aruba. Yes, that's it. She was only one year old, still older than me. I am four months old. Anyway, Aruba said that she once lived with a student. Then one night, the student was out and someone broke in. She said they grabbed all the valuable things, that includes her. Then they took her to a plane and she ended up here, with me. She told me she was a Norwegian Forest cat. Apparently they are rare. Aruba was my best friend here. But one day, they took her away too. I like to think she is back in Norway. Wherever she is, it is unlikely I'll see her again. 
One day, a man in a smart suit came to the shop, he turned to me and smiled. Not a friendly smile, more of a sneer, really. He opened my cage door and stroked me. I didn't like it, I could not trust him. My hair raised and I bared my teeth. I think he knew what was coming because he pulled his hand out and slammed the door. He smirked and said, 'No, not this one.'

I was relieved. But I felt a pit in my stomach, I knew it was only a matter of time before someone said, 'Yes, this is the one.' I had to find a way out. That same day,  an old man also came to the shop. He was different to all the others that came before him. He gave me a kind, gentle smile. I cocked my head, no, I thought, he is no different and I can't trust him. But, I could. He opened the door and stroked my head. This was nice, it was not something I had ever felt. I felt safe. But then he said it. 'I want him.' I crumbled. NO. NO. This wasn't true. I was too young to be taken away. He picked me up in his 'gentle' arms and placed me in another cage. Eventually, I was put in a car. Suddenly, a vibrating noise filled the air, making me jump. I had a small view of a window and saw it move. I was going somewhere and I didn't know where.

Thank you for reading the first chapter of Changes! I really hope you enjoyed it and it would really help me if you have me some feedback so I can make the future chapters even better!
Hiyathere121